News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Uncanny valley turned up to eleven.

Started by Kai, February 12, 2012, 12:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Pergamos on December 29, 2012, 12:15:22 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 01:10:47 PM
I'd posit that if you're making a genome from scratch, you're going to fail roughly a billion times.  Just like the universe did.

Could work if they give you a bunch of premade stuff, and let you tinker, mutate basically
Cool idea.
But sadly, there is more to genetics than genes. It is called epigenetics.
It would still make a cool game though, just not completely accurate. But, being a game, that doesn't really matter. Afterall, a game is merely another map. And maps and territories should never be indistinguishable.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Sano

Quote from: :regret: on December 29, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on December 29, 2012, 12:15:22 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 28, 2012, 01:10:47 PM
I'd posit that if you're making a genome from scratch, you're going to fail roughly a billion times.  Just like the universe did.

Could work if they give you a bunch of premade stuff, and let you tinker, mutate basically
Cool idea.
But sadly, there is more to genetics than genes. It is called epigenetics.
It would still make a cool game though, just not completely accurate. But, being a game, that doesn't really matter. Afterall, a game is merely another map. And maps and territories should never be indistinguishable.

There used to be a very simple game like that, but only with flowers. I spent almost a whole week on it.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

minuspace

Have you ever made apple pie from scratch?:drama1: :

hirley0

Quote from: LuciferX on January 24, 2013, 12:17:28 PM
Have you ever made a

sounds like
East Indian A's to me | UM ON iNTERNET eXPLORER | I no longer use