News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Poster ahoy

Started by Scribbly, May 09, 2006, 01:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

How about "anxiety inducing bullshit"?

deet

lol, it's more to the point
All walls have two sides.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Kai Wren
I went with Eris because I figured we are still going with the whole semi-religious thing, thus we need a deity...

no, no, no, NO.

if we want to have any chance at being effective and reaching people, we have to be a social and cultural movement. Injecting ANY religious frame of reference weakens our credibility and potential reach.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Scribbly

Sorry... guess I missed that part of the discussion  :shock:

So...

no eris?  :cry:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

To each their own, but I would advise using religious references mixed with Discordianism only when trying to stir shit with the religious right.

The more they view Discordianism as a dangerous religious cult, the more publicity Discordianism is likely to get.

As far as proselytizing goes, I don't thit that it would attract the sort of people we would want.

Unless you want MOCs.

I, for one, don't.

B_M_W

Nor do I. I would agree that putting Eris in the background is the best idea.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

deet

Eris == the domain of the far right of Discord

Anarchy == the domain of the far left

B_M_W

Quote from: deetEris == the domain of the far right of Discord

What?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Cain

If anything, Libertarians are the far right of Discord and the anarchists are the far left.

East Coast Hustle

comparing us to the American poltical paradigm is sort of like comparing apples and Chevrolets.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

B_M_W

Quote from: East Coast Hustle

comparing us to the American poltical paradigm is sort of like comparing apples and Chevrolets.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't the only one confused by that.

LMNO

At first, I decided to leave it alone, but...

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNOAt first, I decided to leave it alone, but...

:lol:

Interesting use of Bob Ross. Ever watch the Boondocks? There was an episode with a Bob Ross look alike that had gulf war syndrome. It explained pretty well they way he acts.

East Coast Hustle

that's a rip-off of a comedian whose name I can't remember (but who was really funny and who also did the vikingmetal song about Elmer Fudd stalking Bugs Bunny) who did a bit abut Bob Ross having PTSD from VietNam and having a flashback in the middle of one of his shows. this was back around '92-'93-'94ish.

deet

Quote from: LMNOAt first, I decided to leave it alone, but...

It's always a little easier to swallow when it's Bob Ross (I didn't know that guy's name until now :) )