News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Occupy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

gift giving is to ingrained in us, i think.
spin it with the notion of giving crappy little gifts that people wouldn't actually want, but eventually will treasure.
maybe a 'made in the USA' spin, to boot? (this would almost guarantee homemade, anyways!  :lol:) it would dovetail with the patriotic aspect...

The Wizard Joseph

:lol: :hi5::lulz:

Cramulus that poster was the awesomeness! Wherever did that come from?  Ima spread it around.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 16, 2011, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: Agent Buttchug on November 16, 2011, 12:25:58 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 15, 2011, 11:54:31 PM
Just so I can get you saying it on the record, you think OWS will still be protesting in the way it is now in three months, that the three parties involved (OWS, cops, gvt) will find the status quo of sleeping in the park, et al, acceptable?

Because NYC isn't letting the tents back in.

I'm not the one trying to predict the end of OWS. Don't try to foist your OWS eschatology onto me.

You also haven't answered the question of whether you've been to an encampment and talked with people.

I see... So you don't want to answer my question, but instead expect me to accept a change of focus in my inquiries to appeal to your own narrative.

Gentlemen, GENTLEMEN.. please!  This is excellent intellectual jockeying, but it misses entirely the fundamental question most important to our freedom and future. 

Can you dance?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

ALso...

LEAVE BABY JESUS ALONE!!!  Oh Please...  PLEASE!  How could anyone dare think of ditching Him for politics... After all he's been through...  PPLLLEEAASSEEE!!!

:crybaby:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BabylonHoruv

Occupy Christmas.  I love it.

I've already seen this running around facebook actually.  Posters that say If you really want to bring the banks down give homemade gifts or buy from local crafters.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2011, 02:57:14 AM
Christ.

Shut up.

I try to around you, not that I don't like you.  It just seems prudent.

Those last posts were pretty bad.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on November 17, 2011, 03:56:19 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2011, 02:57:14 AM
Christ.

Shut up.

I try to around you, not that I don't like you.  It just seems prudent.

Those last posts were pretty bad.

Fortunately for you, Babylon Corpsefucker came along and deflected my Hate2.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Precious Moments Zalgo

That infographic is great, Cram.  Thanks for finding and sharing.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Disco Pickle on November 17, 2011, 07:01:23 PM
Ah Daily Show. 

Laughed so damn much at this last night.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-november-16-2011/occupy-wall-street-divided?xrs=synd_facebook

That's just great. 

Guess they learned
just how it burned
Rich and poor alike

too late now
'cuz Holy Chao
teargas knows no class

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

the last yatto

Didn't you hear about small business Saturday?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Brian Fnord on November 19, 2011, 03:14:56 AM
Didn't you hear about small business Saturday?

Who hasn't heard about it? That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about economic warfare; holding the entire economy hostage by refusing to buy anything that's imported or mass-produced. Where do you think most small businesses get their merchandise?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Irony alert, via the BBC

QuoteThe protest, on Friday, was in support of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

It was intended to show solidarity with protesters at another branch of the Univeristy of California, in Berkeley, who were hit with batons by police on 9 November.

Also, quickest way in the world to start a riot, that.  Which is probably why it was done.  Once people are rioting, you have every excuse in the world to go in, beat the crap out people and disperse them.