News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 04:48:44 AM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 02, 2014, 09:13:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 01, 2014, 04:38:55 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2014, 04:04:37 AM
I'd like to offer some impractical and unsolicited advice.

Hire porters.  It's what all the best people do.

:lulz: :lulz: :mittens: :mittens:

Best impractical and unsolicited advice ITT.

a wheelie grocery bag?

drag that shit, don't heft it.

:lulz: Can't tell if srs or being facetious.

To be honest it sounds like a good suggestion.  A small luggage bag with wheels/handle might be just thing thing.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Had to stay home from school this morning to call maintenance and let them know that we have plumbing fail all the things.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Verdict: Bolt behind the toilet was loose, better than leaking at the base like I thought it was. And new garbage disposal.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Apply for a job in Kazakhstan?  Sure, why not.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 03, 2014, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 04:48:44 AM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 02, 2014, 09:13:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 01, 2014, 04:38:55 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2014, 04:04:37 AM
I'd like to offer some impractical and unsolicited advice.

Hire porters.  It's what all the best people do.

:lulz: :lulz: :mittens: :mittens:

Best impractical and unsolicited advice ITT.

a wheelie grocery bag?

drag that shit, don't heft it.

:lulz: Can't tell if srs or being facetious.

To be honest it sounds like a good suggestion.  A small luggage bag with wheels/handle might be just thing thing.

Yes, it is certainly a novel suggestion that no student has ever before considered, not in any way a common sight on all college campuses everywhere in the world, and there is no possible way that I may have rejected it for reasons I never would have anticipated explaining on a forum.

Seriously, guys, the problem with unsolicited advice based on incomplete knowledge is that it's tiresome and almost always unintentionally both condescending and stupid, and generally puts the unwilling advisee in a situation where they are explaining details that nobody gives any fucks about, like the part where their walk from downtown to south waterfront precludes dragging a stupid small case on wheels. Not to mention what a pain in the ass those things are on the bus.

I was just complaining. Not asking for solutions to a mundane problem absolutely nobody on the internet knows enough details of to possibly have the tools to solve. Suggesting really obvious solutions gives me the impression you think I'm an idiot, and is a waste of everyone's time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Have you considered using your hands or perhaps arms to carry the books in question?

What if you kicked the books down along the street as you walked?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 03, 2014, 03:00:06 PM
Have you considered using your hands or perhaps arms to carry the books in question?

What if you kicked the books down along the street as you walked?

:lulz:

Eater of Clowns

How good is your balance? Could you stack a bunch of them on your head?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 03, 2014, 03:01:48 PM
How good is your balance? Could you stack a bunch of them on your head?

I was thinking that if I got a bunch of helium balloons I could just float them back and forth.

Cain

I think you should just quit college.  If you can't carry books, you have no purpose there.

NO.

PURPOSE.

THERE.

Get thee hence, non book carrier.  Your kind are not required.

Doktor Howl

Have you looked into forklift rentals?  They can be surprisingly cheap.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Now THAT's the kind of unsolicited impractical advice I can get behind.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:31:28 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Now THAT's the kind of unsolicited impractical advice I can get behind.

I need to start doing that to everyone.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Of course, I'm also kind of assuming that Pix was being facetious, since I posted that I'd worked out a system back on page 69:

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 01, 2014, 03:22:07 PMThanks N0p! I think I have devised a system that is complex but functional. I will do Ochem homework at home on Monday and Wednesday mornings, and at school on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons. I'll read my Neuro book at school on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, and my Molecular Bio book at home on Monday and Wednesday evenings. I'll do my Systems Science reading on the bus to and from school.

I'll work on projects on weekends.

Seems like this should cover me, and I'll only have one really big textbook on me at any given time.