News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

On the recurrence of discussions

Started by The Johnny, June 09, 2012, 11:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok cool. If you come across prodrug studies post them since ill post con as well. Im not taking sides just presenting and evaluating data.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 01:51:12 AM
Ok cool. If you come across prodrug studies post them since ill post con as well. Im not taking sides just presenting and evaluating data.

Quoted for posterity. Twid and RWHN both are expected to post both pro and con.

Of course we know how this is going to progress. ZOMG&DRUGZ&DRUGZ&DRUGZ!!!1!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

No. Like i said theres a standing request to vacuum out policy debate on sight.

AFK

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 01:59:08 AM

I'm game as long as we also screen out the below-board commentary from the gallery.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 15, 2012, 02:19:17 AM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 01:59:08 AM

I'm game as long as we also screen out the below-board commentary from the gallery.

Of course. We're talking about the science. We're debating the science. No room for ad hominem. We're pretending that we're scientists in this proposed thread. Perhaps if we pretend we're reviewers and it hasn't been approved for publication yet. Also, any published follow up commentary on these articles are welcome and relevant.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am curious about how this pans out, as when Rat and I attempted this approach three years ago WHN resorted to personal attacks and impugning my friend's credentials.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 15, 2012, 02:25:48 AM
I am curious about how this pans out, as when Rat and I attempted this approach three years ago WHN resorted to personal attacks and impugning my friend's credentials.

No one is exempt. Not even me. If I go, "Rev, you're a retard," then that should also be vacuumed out, indescriminately, by the first mod that sees it. Personal attacks can be continued in the split thread if desired.

AFK

Like I said, given the game rules you've laid out, I'm game if you are Twid. 

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nephew Twiddleton

Any other questions or concerns to be addressed before we get to it? Because I'll start the opening post tonight even if I don't have any articles ready right away.

I do have one possible concern. This should obviously go into Techmology and Scientism, but since a majority of the articles I'm aiming to look through will be close to home (again, do to relative ease of access and being familiar with the data so I can actually discuss to some degree the collection methods), it might make two things real fucking easy:

a) people could narrow down what building I work in and who some pretty important people who know me personally.
b) could allow someone from work to find me here, aside from my supervisor who already knows I'm here, with a simple google search regarding the studies.

Now, I have no problem with people who have been here for a while knowing who I work for, hell, Nigel already knows, and even has my work email. But for a casual noob or someone who wants to be problematic...

So, would it be permissible to the mods to use OMF for this, and also to break the links with hxxp?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on June 15, 2012, 02:45:36 AM

50 pages?

If you mean the proposed thread, that would be great if it was a purely scientific no drama thread. What's wrong with that?

Nephew Twiddleton

It also occurs to me that due to my email signature, Nigel also knows what room my desk is in too.  :lulz:

AFK

Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 02:48:44 AM
Any other questions or concerns to be addressed before we get to it? Because I'll start the opening post tonight even if I don't have any articles ready right away.

I do have one possible concern. This should obviously go into Techmology and Scientism, but since a majority of the articles I'm aiming to look through will be close to home (again, do to relative ease of access and being familiar with the data so I can actually discuss to some degree the collection methods), it might make two things real fucking easy:

a) people could narrow down what building I work in and who some pretty important people who know me personally.
b) could allow someone from work to find me here, aside from my supervisor who already knows I'm here, with a simple google search regarding the studies.

Now, I have no problem with people who have been here for a while knowing who I work for, hell, Nigel already knows, and even has my work email. But for a casual noob or someone who wants to be problematic...

So, would it be permissible to the mods to use OMF for this, and also to break the links with hxxp?

Well, be careful.  I know there are certain things I won't post or share for the very concerns you lay out. 

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Bad Reverend What's-His-Name! on June 15, 2012, 02:59:16 AM
Quote from: Twiddlegeddon on June 15, 2012, 02:48:44 AM

Well, be careful.  I know there are certain things I won't post or share for the very concerns you lay out.

I could try and vary it up with studies from other Boston based universities, since we have a gazillion of them, but I think it would become obvious if I start speaking in depth about a particular article or groups of articles. I wouldn't want to have to limit myself in discussing something because it would betray knowing too much about a particular study.

Nephew Twiddleton

Considering I was half in the bag and drunk on crazed spaggotry when we sacked TSC, I can't remember if it's possible, but is it possible to set a specific thread to be viewable only to... say Outlandish? Probably not, but worth asking.