News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

TRANSMISSIONS FROM ARIZONA

Started by LMNO, February 29, 2008, 07:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Ugh, I guess he still has a grudge.  Sorry I dug it back up guys. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 07, 2008, 09:29:05 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 03:18:06 AM
Life and Death? Would you like to expound on Life saving rants... should make for an interesting discussion.

I was talking about how the decisions and things i say during the course of work can mean life or death.  Having that position, having those ears... i rant a lot.  It usually comes in the form of an ass chewing to my Marines.

There was one life saving rant, though.  A Marine was going to kill himself and i talked him back down to a level where he wasn't going to hurt himself, then i talked to him about BIP type stuff.

Also, there have been death inspiring rants.

Ah... don't mind me, I'm gonna go laugh my ass off in the corner... be right back.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 03:10:14 PM
Life and Death? Would you like to expound on Life saving rants... should make for an interesting discussion.

I was talking about how the decisions and things i say during the course of work can mean life or death.  Having that position, having those ears... i rant a lot.  It usually comes in the form of an ass chewing to my Marines.

There was one life saving rant, though.  A Marine was going to kill himself and i talked him back down to a level where he wasn't going to hurt himself, then i talked to him about BIP type stuff.

Ah... don't mind me, I'm gonna go laugh my ass off in the corner... be right back.

Make sure you save someone along the way, or else you = fail.   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 07, 2008, 03:38:41 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 03:10:14 PM

Make sure you save someone along the way, or else you = fail.   :lol:

Oh its OK, I saw a small tribe of Sand People caught in the current Ohio snowstorm outside. I ranted at them until they left, so I'm sure I saved them... those robes aren't any good in the snow.

LMNO

Wait, wasn't the bit about talking a soldier down with BIP stuff one of Wolfpoet's routines?

Curious...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on March 07, 2008, 04:26:52 PM
Wait, wasn't the bit about talking a soldier down with BIP stuff one of Wolfpoet's routines?

Curious...

LOL, I have several friends in Iraq currently... I wonder if they know PL?

Jack of Turnips

If Pope L. really is a Marine, then, well. gosh that give him all sorts of street cred in my book.

American Marines are people who go somewhere and start killing the natives and, when the natives start shooting back, the Marines begin patting themselves on the back for "making life-or-death decisions" and "putting their lives on the line for freedom."

Just how does one who chooses to be a lethal tool of the System qualify to lecture anyone?

Ah well. Sing:

We are fighting for Halliburton,
we're fighting for Bush;
we don't care who we kill or whose face we beat to bloody mush.
We're American Marines, and we kill for the status quo;
and everyone's WEAL SCAWED of us, everywhere we go.

Chorus:

Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off!

----

What I've read of Roger's content I like. He's got a good tight prose style. In my philosophy forum mods and admins only exist to enable content creators. *shrugs* But that idea nearly always degrades in the harsh bitchiness of reality.

I hope all providers of good content stick around. I hope moderators stay out of their way, and smite idiots, spammers, and the useless, as is their job.

~~ Jack of Turnips
If you can read this then I am lying to you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ZOMG! You have the power to SAVE or to DESTROY just by yammering! Hallelujah!

As if people aren't always talking-talking just to hear themselves make noise, now one's getting the idea that his incessant blather has the Power of Jesus.  :roll:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

wow.

I thought this thread couldn't possibly be any more full of FAIL than it already was, but then Pope Leecherous came through and proved me very wrong.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: Jack of Turnips on March 07, 2008, 04:49:31 PM
If Pope L. really is a Marine, then, well. gosh that give him all sorts of street cred in my book.
American Marines are people who go somewhere and start killing the natives and, when the natives start shooting back, the Marines begin patting themselves on the back for "making life-or-death decisions" and "putting their lives on the line for freedom."
Just how does one who chooses to be a lethal tool of the System qualify to lecture anyone?

I'm not in the infantry.  My targets are enemy aircraft and missiles.  Maybe it is not clear before what i said.  My rants target Marines in my charge whose behavior needs modified.  People listen to my rants because of my position.  I have talked more than one of my friends out of suicide, the incident i mentioned was the first time that during the process, Discordianism came into play.  Is that unclear?  Is that too fantastic to believe?

I'm not in iraq right now, i'm doing something else in another theater.  My rants are not mindfucks, my rants simply modify behavior.  LMNO if you think i ripped off this story from somewhere it doesnt matter, cuz this shit really happened.  What's up with all these haters anyway?   Nothing i said is false, or hard to believe.  Some people are on the verge of suicide all the time and it usually comes to a climax after a series of events of really shitty things happening.  You think it would be hard to find a suicidal Marine, or a Marine who is depressed?  NO NO that is CRAZY.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 07, 2008, 09:38:41 AM
Your jokes are getting less funny and sounding more desperate...

That's a matter of perspective.

I thought it was funny and appropriate.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on March 08, 2008, 01:10:44 AM
Maybe it is not clear before what i said.  My rants target Marines in my charge whose behavior needs modified.  People listen to my rants because of my position.

YOU PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE HISTORY OF PSYCHIATRY.  I UNDERSTAND THE HISTORY OF PSYCHIATRY.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jack of Turnips

Of course Marines are depressed and suicidal. They've been told they are fighting to "save American freedom" when it's plain fact that no Marine has fought for any such cause in 50 years or more. American freedom has not been seriously threatened since WWII. And it's arguable whether Japanese imperialism in the Pacific threatened the American homeland even then.

I've watched American military adventures for 50 years, and I can find no other explanation: every few years an American president gets an uncontrollable urge to jerk a wad of blood into his monogrammed silk handkerchief. Korea. Vietnam. Grenada. Lebanon. Somalia. Iraq. Even Afghanistan is a mostly masturbatory, mostly narcissistic power-orgasm without solid justification. Naturally it's always other peoples' blood that gets the president's dirty rocks off.

Of course military personnel are suicidal. They've been lied to, but their extensive mind-indoctrination demands that they believe the lie. Fight for the lie. Kill and die for it. In their hearts they know damn' well that American freedom is not threatened. They know that in theaters back home movies are playing, cars are cruising the streets, people are partying and raving and getting down, and American freedom is not threatened in the least.

They are overseas only so a few politicians can reach power-orgasm.

And that's it.

Drunk driving kills five times as many people every year as died in that never-repeated attack on September 11, 2001. The Marines would do America more good if they deployed on US highways instead of fucking around overseas. But presidents seem to need to use America's military as a surrogate penis now and then. Hundreds of thousands of people have died to satisfy American presidents' masturbatory military urges.

An enlightened and compassionate being would see these bloody spasms as crimes against humanity, plain and simple

Mindfuck? Sorry, the whole American notion of mass-murder-as-foreign-policy is a mindfuck. Get over it.

~~ Jack of Turnips
If you can read this then I am lying to you.

B_M_W

One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Dr. Paes