News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Abject Failure

Started by rong, February 16, 2012, 02:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

sorry if this is off context, but i'm interested in the topic of this thread, but not interested enough to read all 38 pages of it.

that said -

i often like to say i'm racist against the dutch.  mainly to make a point that skin color is arbitrary and that racism should stem from nation of origin.  i also like to claim i'm racist against finlanders - because, where i live, theres a fuckload of them.

i think it's a shame that racism seems to overshadow any acknowledgement of differences in race. 

if i wanted to start a rape a pillage company, i'd hire norwegians.  does that make me racist?

i don't understand how we, as a species, can laud the westminster dog show, but when it comes to our own species, we wholeheartedly, blindly insist that WE ARE ALL THE SAME

maybe i am missing the point - and i think it's unfortunate, that - in america, at least, racism has been "newspeaked" into blacks vs whites.  ii find it odd to live in a country where pride in one's heritage is acceptable, but acknowledging differences in descendants is frowned upon.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Elder Iptuous

LMNO

Quote from: rong on February 16, 2012, 02:37:41 AM
sorry if this is off context, but i'm interested in the topic of this thread, but not interested enough to read all 38 pages

Then you REALLY shouldn't have posted.

rong

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

sorry if this is off context, but i'm interested in the topic of this thread, but not interested enough to read all 38 pages of it.

that said -

i often like to say i'm racist against the dutch.  mainly to make a point that skin color is arbitrary and that racism should stem from nation of origin.  i also like to claim i'm racist against finlanders - because, where i live, theres a fuckload of them.

i think it's a shame that racism seems to overshadow any acknowledgement of differences in race. 

if i wanted to start a rape a pillage company, i'd hire norwegians.  does that make me racist?

i don't understand how we, as a species, can laud the westminster dog show, but when it comes to our own species, we wholeheartedly, blindly insist that WE ARE ALL THE SAME

maybe i am missing the point - and i think it's unfortunate, that - in america, at least, racism has been "newspeaked" into blacks vs whites.  ii find it odd to live in a country where pride in one's heritage is acceptable, but acknowledging differences in descendants is frowned upon.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Hey, here's a tip; when you encounter a thread that has several pages of serious discussion, it might be a good idea to read at least a couple of the first and last pages to get some sense for what it's about, in order to avoid looking like an idiot.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 16, 2012, 02:56:05 AM
sorry if this is off context, but i'm interested in the topic of this thread, but not interested enough to read all 38 pages

Then you REALLY shouldn't have posted.

SHIT!

rong

Quote from: Nigel on February 16, 2012, 02:57:46 AM

that said -

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Hey, here's a tip; when you encounter a thread that has several pages of serious discussion, it might be a good idea to read at least a couple of the first and last pages to get some sense for what it's about, in order to avoid looking like an idiot.

HOW'D YOU DO THAT?

edit: the "here's a tip" part didn't show up until i tried to quote you -then i hit "back" and confirmed it wasn't there. 

anyhow, sorry to [blah blah blah] i'll go back to my usual lurking.

k, bye.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, that's it. I have no patience for this weak retard bullshit tonight.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

sorry, man, i been listening to NPR all night and kinda felt inspired.

i almost even posted in the introductions thread, but decided maybe i shouldn't.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder what those brown-skinned Latin American and Middle Eastern folks think about your naive typification of racism as having "been "newspeaked" into blacks vs whites.".

El Sjaako

that said -

Racism shouldn't stem from anything. The whole idea of trying to group similar "races" (I assume you want to group them by similar DNA, and are simply trying to find the best grouping that allows you to do that without blood samples) is flawed.
Basically, within any race the differences are so great that any difference between the averages of races don't matter.

Yes.
We do not, as a species, laud dog shows. Also, those bitches are so inbred the family they're from does make a difference.

No one said we are all the same. It's just you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Not just because it's inhumane and insensative, not just because you don't want to be grouped with the racists, but also because it doesn't work.
You can't tell the difference between celebrating your ancestry and making someone a victim of where their parents came from? Then you are an idiot.