Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 08:02:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 06:31:12 PM
SOOOOOO...The new Deadpool movie is gonna be PG13.

PG13

Maybe he can give an anti-drug speech in there somewhere. Or maybe have a cute talking mascot. Soundtrack includes uplifting songs by Elton John.

Weird, because the teaser footage was pretty damn violent?

Yeah, I know.

But PG13 gets one F-bomb per movie, and gore?  You gotta raise little soldiers somehow.

Oh right, I forgot gore was ok in kids movies.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 08:12:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 08:03:46 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 08:02:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 06:31:12 PM
SOOOOOO...The new Deadpool movie is gonna be PG13.

PG13

Maybe he can give an anti-drug speech in there somewhere. Or maybe have a cute talking mascot. Soundtrack includes uplifting songs by Elton John.

Weird, because the teaser footage was pretty damn violent?

Yeah, I know.

But PG13 gets one F-bomb per movie, and gore?  You gotta raise little soldiers somehow.

Oh right, I forgot gore was ok in kids movies.

G rated movies get nothing at all.  They are generally restricted to horror stories such as those put out by Disney, in which the scars and conditioning are inflicted more indirectly.  Pocahontas, for example.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

In random movie news, Mr. Suu has been on a western kick as of late. Bad westerns. Though right now we are watching Fist Full of Dollars, which is of course, a goddamn legend among films, but some of these ones he's finding are just atrocious. Not just spaghetti westerns either, which he usually turns off because he can't stand the dubbing, but just old crusty ones from the 50s that are horrific in all the things.  :horrormirth:

I have actually never watched the classic Wild Wild West series until now, and it's FRIGGIN AMAZING.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 08:35:12 PM
In random movie news, Mr. Suu has been on a western kick as of late. Bad westerns. Though right now we are watching Fist Full of Dollars, which is of course, a goddamn legend among films, but some of these ones he's finding are just atrocious. Not just spaghetti westerns either, which he usually turns off because he can't stand the dubbing, but just old crusty ones from the 50s that are horrific in all the things.  :horrormirth:

I have actually never watched the classic Wild Wild West series until now, and it's FRIGGIN AMAZING.

Get him on some classic spaghetti westerns.  El Topo (if you're feeling WEIRD), or Los Manitas Gehennas.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 08:36:50 PM
Is it steampunky too?

...Not like the movie, no. But there ARE random gizmos, like where they hide all the guns on the train.  :lulz:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

Get him on some classic spaghetti westerns.  El Topo (if you're feeling WEIRD), or Los Manitas Gehennas.

I think we have El Topo!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 08:39:31 PM
Is it steampunky too?

...Not like the movie, no. But there ARE random gizmos, like where they hide all the guns on the train.  :lulz:

I think we have El Topo!

Watch it sober the first time.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 08:41:47 PM
Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 08:39:31 PM
Is it steampunky too?

I think we have El Topo!

Watch it sober the first time.

Oh, this is gonna be good.

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 08:01:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: The Suu on September 22, 2014, 07:24:00 PM
Just a bit.

He was pretty clever, though, in pointing at "bad apples", rather than the bushel.  Considering when and where he published.

I kinda of want to find a copy of the trippy Pasolini movie from the 70s.  :lulz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBdYG7Q9gg

LMNO

If you're looking for "WTF AMERICA" westerns, try Sam Peckinpah.

hooplala

My new thing with PD "trolls" is to just change the topic of conversation to something which actually interests me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

I feels that's safe to admit here since David Duke doesn't seem to read anything but his own vanity thread.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 10:52:08 PM
I feels that's safe to admit here since David Duke doesn't seem to read anything but his own vanity thread.

Pretty sure that will change.

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

Your optimism amuses me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on September 22, 2014, 10:55:58 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

Your optimism amuses me.

No, he'll be sicking it up all over the board by this time next week.