News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

James Joyce was a talentless hack.

Started by Ghost In The Machine, May 03, 2005, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: indelible magic markerunless one is a foreigner(or american), idunno why anyone would want to eb there.

aside from vancouver it's the probaly the worst city in thsi place.

don valley parkway is ncie for adrive tho,as logn as you take the name literally.
hehehe, it's not bad once you get out of the city, though.

Horab Fibslager

i totally agree. i dont think i'v ebeen thre anytiem recently uh or unrecently, but yeah. i know people.
Hell is other people.

Mangrove

ok so we trash writers?

Lovecraft - big on ideas, massive vocabulary...shame he couldn't be bothered to put them into interesting sentences.

Tolkien - big on ideas, but can we please stop the fucking hobbits dancing on the tables every 10 mins in 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'?

Joseph Heller - one hit wonder

"A Tale Of Two Cities" - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Well if you can't make up your mind, I'm not ploughing through 300 pages of this shit.

etc.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiok so we trash writers?

Lovecraft - big on ideas, massive vocabulary...shame he couldn't be bothered to put them into interesting sentences.

Tolkien - big on ideas, but can we please stop the fucking hobbits dancing on the tables every 10 mins in 'The Fellowship Of The Ring'?

Joseph Heller - one hit wonder

"A Tale Of Two Cities" - it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Well if you can't make up your mind, I'm not ploughing through 300 pages of this shit.

etc.

Then there was that windbag that used to post sermons here.  WTF was his name, again?  Meh.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xvii

etc.

i <3 that book

Anonymous

wise blood by flannery o'connor was torture

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

chaosgraves:agentoferis

William S. was able to sell books due to the fact that if you assume a rebal stance you can get away with getting shit published under the guise of outsider creativity.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

gnimbley

I didn't like PKD's last three books, including Valis. (I know, Heresy, meh)
Even worse than Heinlein's last books.

btw,
PACERS WIN!

Mangrove

Kerouac?

For god's sake man, leave home and get a job!!!  :evil:

LMNO?  = teh win.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Thanks, Mang.

BTW, William Faulkner bores the crap out of me.

And don't get me started on the Bronte sisters.

hooplala

I think Bulgakov's Master and Margarita is vastly overrated . . . although maybe I am missing some of the cultural relevance.

Hemingway sucks ass though, all around . . . his dialogue should only be repeated by robots, and his forced machisimo is adolescent.

Toronto is vastly superior to anywhere in the Prairies, but of course you're going to think otherwise . . . personally I don't enjoy spending my time with bigoted right-wing rednecks, but hey, that's just me.  Toronto isn't perfect but its better than anywhere else in Canada, other than Vancouver.

And I enjoy that disagreeing with people on a Discordian forum gets me branded as a troll (apparently a specific troll) - I suppose the correct way to be Discordian is to parrot whatever the loudest asshole on the forum is spouting.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: indelible magic markerunless one is a foreigner(or american), idunno why anyone would want to eb there.

aside from vancouver it's the probaly the worst city in thsi place.

don valley parkway is ncie for adrive tho,as logn as you take the name literally.

Vancouver = best thing you've got going, until BC secedes and we steal it.

seriously though, how could anyone not love Vancouver?

if you want to see Canada's asshole, get yourself over to Sherbrooke.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

gnimbley

So, LMNO, how are the Bronte sisters doing these days?

LMNO

Quote from: gnimbleySo, LMNO, how are the Bronte sisters doing these days?

Well, they're unable to write anymore crap-assed books, so I consider them doing very, very well as far as worm food goes.