News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Duh Rugs

Started by Tor Hershman, August 03, 2014, 02:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: scaredchao on September 25, 2014, 01:43:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 22, 2014, 08:56:58 AM
But how can this be?  RWHN assured me, quoting a very impressive study from two RAND Corporation experts that legalising marijuana in the USA would have no impact on the Mexican cartels?

Oh, it is having an impact.  3 to be specific. 

1. Some are adjusting and switching to heroin.  Heroin being grown by Mexican farmers who were growing marijuana.  All of this cheap heroin flooding the streets in the US?  Yep, you can trace it, in part, back to marijuana legalization. 

2.  The above said, the cartels still have plenty of business in Colorado, they are simply undercutting the taxed price and still doing quite well for themselves.

3.  Their main competition now is Colorado itself, which has essentially become the marijuana black market for the rest of the country.  A lot of Colorado weed is flowing from the border to 40 of the 50 states.  So Colorado has become for weed, what Florida is for the illegal pill trade.

4.  Hi guys! 

5.  Bye guys!

Since you can't hold up your end of the deal, Scott, neither will I.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

But how can this be?  RWHN assured me, quoting a very impressive study from two RAND Corporation experts that legalising marijuana in the USA would have no impact on the Mexican cartels?

Please DOX me, and ruin my career!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

1. Some are adjusting and switching to heroin.  Heroin being grown by Mexican farmers who were growing marijuana.  All of this cheap heroin flooding the streets in the US?  Yep, you can trace it, in part, back to marijuana legalization. 

2.  The above said, the cartels still have plenty of business in Colorado, they are simply undercutting the taxed price and still doing quite well for themselves.

3.  Their main competition now is Colorado itself, which has essentially become the marijuana black market for the rest of the country.  A lot of Colorado weed is flowing from the border to 40 of the 50 states.  So Colorado has become for weed, what Florida is for the illegal pill trade.

4.  Hi guys! 

5.  Bye guys!

As usual, Mr. Gagnon simply denies evidence and makes unsubstantiated claims, no doubt traced back to his DEA buddy's anecdotes.

YOU GUYS! PEOPLE ARE SWITCHING FROM INJECTING WHOLE MARIJUANAS STRAIGHT TO TEH HEROINS!

:omg:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on September 26, 2014, 07:34:54 AM

4.  Hi guys! 

5.  Bye guys!

As usual, Mr. Gagnon simply denies evidence and makes unsubstantiated claims, no doubt traced back to his DEA buddy's anecdotes.

YOU GUYS! PEOPLE ARE SWITCHING FROM INJECTING WHOLE MARIJUANAS STRAIGHT TO TEH HEROINS!

:omg:

Just SAYING STUFF = EVIDENCE, as long as the stuff agrees with his agenda. On the other hand, evidence = just saying stuff, if it undermines his agenda.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Telarus on October 08, 2014, 09:55:36 PM
Wheeeeeeee...  :lulz:

http://time.com/3479424/dea-fake-facebook-profile/

:lol:

But on another note....

In the documents, the DOJ argued that while Arquiett did not directly authorize a DEA agent to create a fake Facebook profile, she "implicitly consented by granting access to the information stored in her cellphone and by consenting to the use of that information to aid in ... ongoing criminal investigations," AP reported.

Hahahahaha....Not really surprising, but still.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Telarus

Something something something we are required to present all reasonable defenses something something.

Fucks.
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Telarus

http://www.freedomleaf.com/marijuana_does_not_harm_the_human_brain

QuoteLast year the mainstream media was quick to highlight a study from Northwestern University that implied there were structural changes in the brains of people who smoked marijuana, even occasionally. The dubious research was sponsored by groups biased against marijuana including the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).

Now a new, study published in the Journal of Neuroscience has completely debunked those claims. Researchers at the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Boulder and the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville created a trial to attempt to replicate the earlier results but could not.

Participants in the new study were were both adults and adolescents. They were given brain MRIs and carefully selected as those who consume cannabis and those who do not. But this time people who use alcohol were excluded from the study.

The results were clear, "No statistically significant differences were found between daily users and nonusers on volume or shape in the regions of interest," the authors stated.

A cornerstone of modern medical science is not just a single experiment but results that can be replicated again and again.

The researchers in Boulder and Louisville put the issue to bed with their conclusion; "In sum, the results indicate that, when carefully controlling for alcohol use, gender, age, and other variables, there is no association between marijuana use and standard volumetric or shape measurements of subcortical structures."

Neurobiology of Disease
Daily Marijuana Use Is Not Associated with Brain Morphometric Measures in Adolescents or Adults
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/4/1505.abstract
Telarus, KSC,

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on February 07, 2015, 07:52:21 PM
http://www.freedomleaf.com/marijuana_does_not_harm_the_human_brain

QuoteLast year the mainstream media was quick to highlight a study from Northwestern University that implied there were structural changes in the brains of people who smoked marijuana, even occasionally. The dubious research was sponsored by groups biased against marijuana including the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP).

Now a new, study published in the Journal of Neuroscience has completely debunked those claims. Researchers at the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Boulder and the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, University of Louisville created a trial to attempt to replicate the earlier results but could not.

Participants in the new study were were both adults and adolescents. They were given brain MRIs and carefully selected as those who consume cannabis and those who do not. But this time people who use alcohol were excluded from the study.

The results were clear, "No statistically significant differences were found between daily users and nonusers on volume or shape in the regions of interest," the authors stated.

A cornerstone of modern medical science is not just a single experiment but results that can be replicated again and again.

The researchers in Boulder and Louisville put the issue to bed with their conclusion; "In sum, the results indicate that, when carefully controlling for alcohol use, gender, age, and other variables, there is no association between marijuana use and standard volumetric or shape measurements of subcortical structures."

Neurobiology of Disease
Daily Marijuana Use Is Not Associated with Brain Morphometric Measures in Adolescents or Adults
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/4/1505.abstract

I'll be interested to hear my neurophysiology professor's take on this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Does that seem like a really small sample size to you?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 10, 2015, 05:13:18 AM
Does that seem like a really small sample size to you?

Not really, no, not for a preliminary study, or for the degree of confidence for that effect size.

I wouldn't agree with the hype that it's "conclusive", but I do think it's probably pointing in a more accurate direction than studies that don't control for other drug use.