News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Looking for some help.

Started by Daniel, December 19, 2006, 06:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

I have no idea if this is the right spot for this -- modz, if I'm in the wrong place, please feel free to move this fread.

I'm convinced that part of the reason America is so fuxxored is the simple fact that our primate brains keep getting flooded with the "everything is fine, spend spend spend, who gives a shit" message from The Machine.

As such, I have decided (and I know I'm not the first, don't get me wrong) that it's high time that a little mindfuckery got circulated on the mass media market.

On this vein, I'm seriously considering writing a book.  This book will be about Fat City,Ñ¢ USA¬Æ, wherein a small knot of daring pranksters challenge the norm and illustrate that complacency is folly.  My thoery is that if the book gets popular it'll filter into other media markets, thus trickling the message into enough minds that it MIGHT make a ripple in the pool.

First things first.

I need some help.  I don't normally ask for help when I'm writing, well, anything, because I don't want to feel like a rip-off artist for using someone else's suggestions to good effect.  At the same time, this is probably one of the reasons I haven't written anything important for some time.

I'm looking for suggestions on jakes that would be good for shaking up an entire city.  Please consider the following:

1. Assume a flexible, but not unrealistic, budget.

2. Think of any jake you've ever wanted to pull -- NOT just for the sake of jaking, but for the sake of making a point -- but decided against on the grounds of funding, personnel requirements, or questionable legality.

3. Try to keep in mind that the point is to capture the attention of a large city, and eventually the nation.  The idea is to make a point and then have it spread like a virus.

If you'd like to PM them to me, that's fine.  If you want to post them here, that's fine too.

I will give proper credit in any finished work, along with a reference to the web site of your choice.  If it's really good you'll get a copy of the book if and when I publish.

Thank you all in advance for your time and consideration.

LMNO

QuoteThis book will be about Fat City,Ñ¢ USA¬Æ, wherein a small knot of daring pranksters challenge the norm and illustrate that complacency is folly.  My thoery is that if the book gets popular it'll filter into other media markets, thus trickling the message into enough minds that it MIGHT make a ripple in the pool.

...Have you read Illuminatus!?

Daniel

Yeah, a few years back.

Like I said, I know I'm not the first.

LHX

lol

this is like what people around here are trying to do in the first place, aint it?

they bond together and thru trial and error they begin a multimedia development machine to broadcast comedic and subversive messages throughout the universe whle everything bad crumbles

true story
neat hell

Daniel

I think that's why someone suggested I come poking around here.

:-D

Thurnez Isa

I'm always partial to a good old hoex
make good reading too, expecially if it starts spiraling out of control...
:lol:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

Well, you'll find plenty of mindfucks, and plenty of organizational ideas.

LHX

Quote from: Daniel on December 19, 2006, 06:47:24 PM
I think that's why someone suggested I come poking around here.

no doubt

now all we need is a time machine to jump ahead and figure out exactly how it happens

then come back here

and you can write it

it would be a pre-biography
neat hell

Daniel

:-o

Shit.

Now I want a time machine.

Mangrove

Fight Club?

Of course, if you are really lucky, the book will be so huge that you will get offered a movie deal, happy meal toys and computer game tie-ins  :wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Daniel

It just occured to me that it might seem a little lame of me to post here asking for help, rather than just poking around for ideas.

My difficulty is that I don't know what the policy is on snitching ideas, especially for what could (in my fantasy world, I know) become a commercial endeavor.

So I was asking, rather than just quietly poking.

LMNO

Everything here (with the exception of Roger's rants) should be kopyleft, but it's best to doublecheck with the original poster.

You can steal all of my shit, BTW.

LHX

take take take and dont look back

the worst that can happen is somebody feels bitter and tries to come after you
neat hell

LHX

neat hell

Thurnez Isa

look through history as well
could get a lot of good ideas from things such as the salamader letter, priory of sion, ect....
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante