News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I had to go back and look at some of his posts.  He was doing all right, seems to have dropped off around 2010.

When was Lys' meltdown, again?

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
I had to go back and look at some of his posts.  He was doing all right, seems to have dropped off around 2010.

BLEACHERS.

He also got quite heavily into Gamergate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on September 22, 2015, 07:47:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:31:17 PM
Yeah.   :lulz:  Either he changed, or I used to be blind, because up until now I took the guy seriously.  Of course, I haven't interacted with him since he was here.

Wait, that Bones? I always thought he was alright round here. What crawled up his ass and turned him into that asshole in the Facebook thread?

Atlas Shrugged, apparently.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Huh.  Bleachers was June 30, 2011.  I was thinking they could be related.  Guess not. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2015, 07:54:48 PM

BLEACHERS.

He also got quite heavily into Gamergate.

Also, all the sluts that deserve rape because they dress SLUTTY.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Initial meltdown was 2009, over how many barely-legals he was fucking.
2010, sluts who dress to get raped.
2011, bleachers.
2015, Breitbart.

The Wizard Joseph

:lulz: :lulz:

If only I had more time on my break. Check back later this evening.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Incidentally, if you didn't know, Breitbart is now gamergate central and Milo "gamers are fat nerds, who cares about their opinions" Yiannopoulos is their chief cheerleader.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2015, 08:06:06 PM
Incidentally, if you didn't know, Breitbart is now gamergate central and Milo "gamers are fat nerds, who cares about their opinions" Yiannopoulos is their chief cheerleader.

How is that even still a thing?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 08:16:58 PM

How is that even still a thing?

It basically got co-opted by the MRAs, PUAs, redpillers, anti-SJWs and the sort of people who use "cuckservative" as a serious insult, as fertile recruiting ground.

If you go to their ground zero on reddit, /r/KotakuInAction, you'll also see it has almost nothing to do with video games anymore, and almost everything to do with right wing talking points in the culture war, packaged and aimed at 20somethings.

Which is exactly how I predicted the whole SJW thing turning out.

Meunster

Gamer gate still a thing?  Fucking with zoe quinn was fun when I was in my nazi /pol/ phase, but shouldn't these people of grown up by now and realized the politics of the video game industry doesn't matter.
Poe's law ;)

LMNO

Quote from: Meunster on September 22, 2015, 08:24:22 PM
Fucking with zoe quinn was fun when I was in my nazi /pol/ phase,

Two steps forward, three steps back.  What the fuck, man?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 08:28:08 PM

Nobody ever listens.  I'm always right, and nobody listens.

I'm like Casandra with a dick.  Tellin' ya.

Meunster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 08:30:59 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 22, 2015, 08:28:08 PM

Nobody ever listens.  I'm always right, and nobody listens.

I'm like Casandra with a dick.  Tellin' ya.

Hey, that was like a year ago, I'm completely different now. Stopped with the hole angry teen looking for a revolution bullshit. Now I'm just chill and try to be nice to everyone.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 07:16:57 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 22, 2015, 06:37:31 PM
The husband and I may be $700 poorer and minus one asshole from our lives after a potentially ill-advised email exchange.

Do not talk shit to me about my man behind his back. This should be common goddamn sense.

Why in the hell would someone even DO that? What could someone even be thinking to be like, hey, I'm gonna email this woman a raft of shit-talk about her husband?

It was this guy: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=34307.msg1246455#msg1246455 which might explain some things.