News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

the ketchup issue is...

Started by KittehAmazing, June 09, 2010, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Khara on June 10, 2010, 02:54:47 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 10, 2010, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: Suu on June 10, 2010, 02:20:15 PM
Ranch dressing or GTFO.

Ranch on burgers, pizza, fries, wings, and sometimes salad.

-Suu
Sometimes so Floridian she shits alligators. Mmm...Fried gator tail in ranch...

My keyboardist does this too, especially with pizza

Yah, we do too, ranch and hot sauce are the biggest condiments in my house.  Always have been.  I don't eat it on pizza but the kids do.  Spaghetti, mac n cheese, toasted ravioli, just about everything....

Definitely down with the hot sauce. The hotter, the better. Also a fan of A1 or HP.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2010, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 10, 2010, 01:13:00 PM
I think your problem is that you're using ketchup, while you should be using catsup.

this

eh? :?

I tried looking it up, but wikipedia lists catsup and ketchup as synonyms?

Is there a difference?

either way, ketchup is awesome. other sauces too, but ketchup is damn awesome.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

It was a joke.  Some people have a spelling preference, and get bothered when you use the one they don't like.

I'm not one of those people, I was just trying for a but of funnay.

Guess it didn't work.   :|

AFK

It is really confusing when you are a young lad growing up near the Canadian border.  The commercials on American TV calling it ketchup and the commercials on Canadian TV calling it catsup.  I didn't know who to believe.   :x
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO on June 10, 2010, 03:46:15 PM
It was a joke.  Some people have a spelling preference, and get bothered when you use the one they don't like.

I disagree.  It made me laugh.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Trip is just a little be-heinz on his global condiment knowledge.  He needs to play ketchup. 

:rimshot: 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Why all the condiment elitism? Ketchup has a place on the condiment shelf. Diversity is good!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

Three pages for ketchup, eh? Personally, I refuse to eat it. It's serf food. BBQ sauce, hot sauce, anything but ketchup.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: dimo on June 10, 2010, 04:34:48 PM
Three pages for ketchup, eh? Personally, I refuse to eat it. It's serf food. BBQ sauce, hot sauce, anything but ketchup.

Classist!  :argh!:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Nah, I think ketchup is more for terf food.  Tartar sauce is more in line for serf food. 

Triple Zero

I DIDNT KNOW

IM SORRY

HA HA HA HA HA

SEE? IM RETRO ACTIVELY LAUGHING TO MAKE UP FOR IT

HA HA
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dimocritus

Quote from: Nigel on June 10, 2010, 04:36:21 PM

Classist!  :argh!:

:lulz: Troof be told, I will eat ketchup on fast food burgers because I don't want to run the risk of them fucking up my order by making a special request. Simple things can really screw with the minds of (some) fast-food workers.

Quote from: RWHN on June 10, 2010, 04:39:17 PM

Nah, I think ketchup is more for terf food.  Tartar sauce is more in line for serf food. 

:|
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 10, 2010, 04:40:45 PM

I DIDNT KNOW

IM SORRY

HA HA HA HA HA

SEE? IM RETRO ACTIVELY LAUGHING TO MAKE UP FOR IT

HA HA

CAN IT, DUTCHSPAG.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO on June 10, 2010, 02:59:25 PM
ROASTED TOMATO COMPOTE, BITCHES.

Why would you ruin delicious savory roasted tomatoes with sugar syrup?!?!
:x :x :x

Also we put Crystal sauce on everything. or sriracha if we're out of that.
Personally I like chipotles or chipotle mayo on a burger. It tastes good with the meat.

LMNO

No, no no.

Sweat miripoix, add tomatoes and olives, a little anchovy paste for depth, and then cook it down until most of the liquid is gone.