News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Current economical state of britian and the olympics

Started by Sir Bearington, July 26, 2012, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Bearington

Well whoopee doo dah, England is in the longest double dip recession and now we are hosting the Olympics that cost a shitload of money to make us look impressive tomorrow and likely be the biggest disaster in our recent history because it is a huge target for terrorists and anti government groups willing to take advantage of the decreased security and rushed attitude.

With security going nuts about it to the extent of pulling in police forces and the GODDAMN ARMY from their jobs because the company in charge of security ballsed up big time, at the moment they have people strewn all over the place applying for the job of security and training to handle this who have never been called up since. And even going to the extent to taking in people on state benefits who are likely using it as a excuse to get some job experience so that the state doesn't bug them into getting a real job by cutting off their benefits, some people may even have criminal records or intentions like a embarrassing incident that hit the English news recently that one security member stolen a mobile phone.

Shambles. Utter Shambles.

Then there's the London "slumlords" who will probably take advantage of this Olympic event to push up their rent prices and illegally rent out unsuitable accommodation of converted sheds to the poorer people at extortionate prices who have little else to go. Which is a big problem in London already without the Olympics happening.

What a bunch of hypocrites, I feel bad for the future generations because i can only forsee this getting worse. I wonder if this continues whether we will eventually become a high end third world country full of slums depending on the state unable to hold down jobs and make money for themselves in the cramped confines of our little island because we blew all our money on the Olympics and being flashy rather than where we need it.

There is no denying that somewhere, the people in charge of our finances and governmental policies and such have made a poor decision in not prioritizing the development and recovery of the country in favour of PR through the Olympics. Already at the Olympic events yesterday we made total arses of ourselves by pissing off the north Koreans by putting up rival south Korea's national flag by mistake.

Think of where all that money could have went and all the fuss avoided about the whole thing if it was called off or postponed (though I'm aware it would be difficult to do so because of the rules surrounding the Olympics) we are tangled up in enough shit as we are, we don't need this to both embarrass and empower our great nation.

If the Olympics goes off swimmingly with the great weather we seem to have at the moment and no security issues then I'm not so bothered but for some people already, its all to much to handle with the added road traffic and events circulating. We already have the looming shadow of the riots from last year that rose from public anger, and already there are tensions circulating inside the general public.

I just pray everything goes OK and this all blows over quickly otherwise there is going to be a major shitstorm on England's hands that will be difficult to forget.

Sir Bearington

Lets go and see whether today i will be proved right in the olympics being a total disaster.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I personally think instead of forcing the unemployed to work for their benefits, what would be better is if they actually gave them paid work instead of reducing them to what is essentially indentured servitude.

The Olympics and the Jubilee were Weapons Of Mass Distraction, bread and circuses to detract the masses from the cuts to the NHS, tax avoidance by the rich (which would cover the welfare and NHS bills adequately, if they actually got the money they were owed and tightened the legal loopholes), whilst in the meantime, in a time of few jobs, the unemployed and the disabled are being demonised in the Daily Mail and papers of it's ilk, disabled people are being pushed through medical tests that are not fit for purpose, driving some to suicide, and in other cases, people who were seriously ill have been judged fit for work and then died from their illness six weeks later.

Social mobility in this country is being jeopardised by the cuts to post 16 education funding for students, such as the EMA, rising Uni fees and the threat to cut housing benefit to under 25's. How the hell is a young person going to even look for more than a shitty part time job, when unpaid internships lock all but the kids from moderately wealthy and higher income families to improve their prospects, when moving away to find work seems entirely unattractive when you will get locked into a tenancy for 12 months at a time on average, and if you lose your job you will essentially be fucked and ruin your credit rating, rents are extortionate, there is no social housing being created to pick up the slack for those who simply cannot afford to rent privately.

The cuts in benefits are affecting women adversely.  Cuts and changes to the benefit system are crippling domestic violence shelters, which in a summer of recession and a lot of sporting events where they can't even put the number for Refuge or Women's Aid on a godamned poster, instead referring them to Victim Support, which is not equipped to deal with the nuances of domestic violence which are proved to rise during sporting events and in a recession? 

Add to this the struggle of Rape Crisis Centres to stay open due to funding cuts, the scrapping of help for childcare for people with young families which becomes another barrier keeping people from work. We need training, education and more funding for people in crisis situations, or the next 20 years is going to see an angry, emotionally and socially stunted Britain.

OR KILL MEEEEE!

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Pixie on July 27, 2012, 03:21:23 PM
I personally think instead of forcing the unemployed to work for their benefits, what would be better is if they actually gave them paid work instead of reducing them to what is essentially indentured servitude.

The Olympics and the Jubilee were Weapons Of Mass Distraction, bread and circuses to detract the masses from the cuts to the NHS, tax avoidance by the rich (which would cover the welfare and NHS bills adequately, if they actually got the money they were owed and tightened the legal loopholes), whilst in the meantime, in a time of few jobs, the unemployed and the disabled are being demonised in the Daily Mail and papers of it's ilk, disabled people are being pushed through medical tests that are not fit for purpose, driving some to suicide, and in other cases, people who were seriously ill have been judged fit for work and then died from their illness six weeks later.

Social mobility in this country is being jeopardised by the cuts to post 16 education funding for students, such as the EMA, rising Uni fees and the threat to cut housing benefit to under 25's. How the hell is a young person going to even look for more than a shitty part time job, when unpaid internships lock all but the kids from moderately wealthy and higher income families to improve their prospects, when moving away to find work seems entirely unattractive when you will get locked into a tenancy for 12 months at a time on average, and if you lose your job you will essentially be fucked and ruin your credit rating, rents are extortionate, there is no social housing being created to pick up the slack for those who simply cannot afford to rent privately.

The cuts in benefits are affecting women adversely.  Cuts and changes to the benefit system are crippling domestic violence shelters, which in a summer of recession and a lot of sporting events where they can't even put the number for Refuge or Women's Aid on a godamned poster, instead referring them to Victim Support, which is not equipped to deal with the nuances of domestic violence which are proved to rise during sporting events and in a recession? 

Add to this the struggle of Rape Crisis Centres to stay open due to funding cuts, the scrapping of help for childcare for people with young families which becomes another barrier keeping people from work. We need training, education and more funding for people in crisis situations, or the next 20 years is going to see an angry, emotionally and socially stunted Britain.

OR KILL MEEEEE!

You sir are a very well informed and very agreeable person.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I can rage-froth in an educated manner until the cows come home.  Not bad for a spag with one A Level.

Oh, and Sir is not accurate for my gender, please to be remembering for future.  I am not a true scholar, and definitely not a gentlewoman. I am a fucking angry left wing ageing riot grrl, who reads a lot.

The only thing to guaranteed to keep me quiet is rum and Jamaican food.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Pixie on July 27, 2012, 04:17:28 PM
I can rage-froth in an educated manner until the cows come home.  Not bad for a spag with one A Level.

Oh, and Sir is not accurate for my gender, please to be remembering for future.  I am not a true scholar, and definitely not a gentlewoman. I am a fucking angry left wing ageing riot grrl, who reads a lot.

The only thing to guaranteed to keep me quiet is rum and Jamaican food.

Ah my apologies, seems we share a common trait in which we can throth our mouth dry about political matters.