News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Official February Shit List Thread

Started by Cain, February 03, 2009, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysnomia

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 18, 2009, 08:49:47 AM
Quote from: Pope Dysnomia on February 18, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
Quote from: Dirtytime on February 18, 2009, 04:02:53 AM
I don't want to come off like I'm "future datamining" you, but before you commit to a place you should give me a holler because I can give you the REAL scoop on almost every apartment building/complex in the downtown/belltown/cap hill area. Some of those places look nice and are full of sex offenders and "rehabilitated" schizophrenics (not bullshitting; I lived in one of those for a while and it was interesting at best) while others look all run down but are CHHIP buildings that have been totally renovated inside and come with free heat.

thanks ech.   :)  Right now I have a few on my list.  Only one is in the belltown area, the rest are scattered.  One is in SW seattle, one by the airport, one sorta downtown, and the one in Belltown.  Then if all of those fall through I have some in redmond/renton/kent/etc, but I'd really rather live in seattle since I like the city feel.  If you want I can pm you my list so far. 

you probably should.

and for the love of sweet baby jesus, DO NEVER live ANYWHERE near the airport. Unless street hookers and meth zombies are your thing. Same goes for most of Kent and Renton and for that matter anything south of Beacon Hill. If you can't find a place in the city you're MUCH better off on the northend than the southend.

K sending pm shortly, less those in kent, renton, and the airport.  the one over there tempted me with their indoor pool and low prices...I'm a whore for indoor pools.   :sad:

Quote from: The Revered Asshat on February 18, 2009, 08:23:53 AM
Quote from: Pope Dysnomia on February 18, 2009, 08:16:37 AM
Quote from: The Revered Asshat on February 18, 2009, 08:11:24 AM
Quote from: Pope Dysnomia on February 18, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 17, 2009, 07:30:16 PM
Thanks, you guys.

Maybe I'll feel brave again someday. Right now I am a cur cowering from love with my tail between my legs.

*HUG*

NEED ME TO BEAT ANYONE UP FOR YOU?

I WISH. Seriously, I wish there was someone to beat up over this, it would make it easier. But I love you even though there isn't.

I'll beat up some random person on the street for you then!   :D

DOO EEEET!

OIWILL!  GOING TO BEAT THEM WITH MY DAD'S GOLF CLUBS BWAHAHA!
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am now ready to talk about the terrible experience I had at the dentist yesterday. My old dentist, who was awesome, retired, and he sold his practice to a young couple. They seem nice enough, but this is the first time I had them do any work on me.

I went in for three fillings. One to replace an old cracked filling, one to replace a small filling that the dentist said "looked suspicious" (unsurprising, since all of my fillings are close to 20 years old) and one for some pitting on a lower molar. Soooo...

I get there and she looks at my chart. "What's the heart problem?"

"Just a minor arrhythmia, no big deal."

"Oh, so we won't use Epinephrine."

"Uhhhh I think it's OK, they've always used it before."

"No, we don't like to use it if there are heart problems, just in case. It'll be fine, the anaesthetic just wears off a bit faster."

I already burn through Novocaine in record time. This was my first tip-off that things were not going to go as planned. The next tip-off came when I said,

"It probably says this in my chart, but apparently there are two common nerve branchings that most people have, and I have the less common of the two."

She was holding up her giant needle of Epinephrine-free Novocaine. I've never had a dentist pause at this, most of them just go "oh" and proceed to shoot me up in the appropriate location for my numbing needs. This one, though, seemed not to know exactly what to do.

"Hmmmmm. Well, I think that usually only affects the back teeth."

She then injected me in five spots, and started poking about in my mouth, examining the areas she was about to drill out. She started picking at my eyeteeth, and decided she wanted to fill in these divots in the front, to make them prettier, since I was there at her mercy anyway.

The rest is sort of a blur of horror, and I can't recount it in perfect sequence, so I'll just give the general idea:

Those divots were my undoing. She filled one, decided it was the wrong color, drilled it out and filled it again with a more translucent color. She finished the second one and started working on my lower pitting, and I announced  that I was NOT AT ALL NUMB in that tooth, so she gave me three more shots and started working on my upper. Unfortunately, by then the anaesthetic had worn off in the upper, so she gave me four more shots and went back to the lower. Not numb. NOT NUMB. She gave me FIVE MORE SHOTS and went away for a while. Finally, I had lost sensation in part of my tongue, so she finished filling the pits and turned her attention to the upper.

For some reason, she wasn't satisfied with it, so she DRILLED IT OUT and refilled part of it. There was some sort of metal device that went around the tooth and she had a terrible time with it. So did I. There was blood. More shots were needed. The hygienist kept thinking my gums were numb, and her air-sucky-tool was poking me until I complained about it, which is difficult to do with two people jamming shit in your mouth. Eventually the fillings were all done, and THEN it took an absurdly long time for the dentist to grind them down to the correct shape and polish them... she'd grind a little, and then assume she was done and start taking off her gloves without even asking if it felt right yet! I had to stop her twice to get her to finish my fucking teeth.

Eventually I was done and I got to stagger home and cry because my jaw was in so much pain that it hurt to eat yogurt. And then I had the worst Novocaine hangover for the rest of the day. My face still hurts. I don't know how many injections I had altogether, but it was TOO FUCKING MANY. I am going to a different dentist next time and I am not telling them that I have an arrhythmia.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

JESUS, JOSEPH, AND MARY! 

You should seriously call back and tell the supervisors what happened.

fomenter

nobody expects the spanish inquisition

sorry your dentist sucks Nigel hope you feel better soon
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Sir Squid Diddimus

holy dog shit.

what an unbelievably shitty dentist.

write them a thank you note.

Cain

Oh shit.  I know exactly what that's like - I apparently need a couple more shots of the painkiller as well when things are being done to me.  Unfortunately, the first work ever done on my teeth was last year and I didn't know that at the time.  So I'm laying back, mouth held open by the whatsits, thinking, "well this should be interesting".  A split second later excruciating pain through my jaw, and my hands are waving for him to stop.

Fortunately, my dentist is the decent sort and realized something was obviously wrong here.

So yeah, holy shit.  I only went through a few seconds of it, I definitely wouldn't have wanted any more.

Sir Squid Diddimus

My old dentist used to give me gas.
For just a cleaning.
...and he leaned over me and breathed heavy...

and smiled a lot...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The odd thing is that it wasn't so much that she seemed incompetent as she was not equipped/experienced enough to handle situations that deviated from the norm. And I think that by the end of two hours, she just wanted it to be over.

As did I, but I have a vested interest in the inside of my mouth feeling right, so I wasn't in as much of a hurry as she was.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My eyeteeth do look prettier, at least. She said that my teeth are very translucent and hard to match.

Richter

:x

That beats the time I was getting teeth taken out and the dentist just about droppped one down my throat.

You're lucky you still have the eyeteeth.  Technically I still have mine, they're just in a box with my wisdom teeth and a chnunk of my jawbone.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

...still have all of my teefs. Well, 'cept the ones that are only there by root and bonded after that.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

:x That sucks. I hate that shit. I am glad you are better now though with pretty eyeteeth too.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

hooplala

I apparently have roots the size of oak trees, made from titanium.  Every dentist has always commented on how ungodly strong my roots are... while leaning back and forth amid harsh cracking noises and flying bone.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dysnomia

FUCK NIGEL!   :x Do nevar go back to HER
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I already have 2 recommendations for non-shitty dentists. :)