News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Point of views on the new president of the United States.

Started by Seth_The_Fallen, February 15, 2009, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth_The_Fallen

Quote from: Squid-diddle on February 20, 2009, 06:10:39 PM
One of the things I appreciate most about our new guy is that he isn't the same ol fat, rich white guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth worth millions already with a rich ass family worth even more.
He understands the value of a dollar cause he came from bubkus.
He's on the level with the common man and has a better grasp of what we're asking for in a president.

more later possibly..

I don't know who this is intended for. I haven't been spoiled nor have I had money, if any. I am a normal down to earth guy. I just am not letting my brain be wiped by the 'drive-by' media.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 23, 2009, 03:03:09 AM
One of the things I appreciate most about our new guy is that he isn't the same ol fat, rich white guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth worth millions already with a rich ass family worth even more.
He's on the level with the common man and has a better grasp of what we're asking for in a president.

more later possibly..

I don't know who this is intended for. I haven't been spoiled nor have I had money, if any. I am a normal down to earth guy. I just am not letting my brain be wiped by the 'drive-by' media.

I was speaking OF Obama vs. the same ol shit we've had in office for the last EVER.
I'm not sayin you should drop to your knees and throw your panties at him if he visits your town.
I just think he's more level headed and "in the know".
n shit.

Jasper

He uses technology.  He understands the internet.

Progress comes inch by inch.

Cain

Karl Rove and the Heritage Foundation also understood the internet.

I do not count this as a point in anyone's favour.  The more they treat it as a mahadquikcal mystery land filled with wonder and terror and series of tubes, the better.  We don't want their sort hanging around here, anyway.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I forget which politician it was who used a series of terms found most prominently in The Jargon File in one of his speeches (grok and kluge among them). I found that quite funny, and apparently so did some journalist, since I read about it in a newspaper.

The fact that I cannot remember what politician it was and cannot find the article despite frantic googling on a number of occasions to me indicates how meaningful it probably was in the long run.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

Quote from: Cain on February 23, 2009, 09:41:25 AM
Karl Rove and the Heritage Foundation also understood the internet.

I do not count this as a point in anyone's favour.  The more they treat it as a mahadquikcal mystery land filled with wonder and terror and series of tubes, the better.  We don't want their sort hanging around here, anyway.

Thanks for reminding me that they are not to be treated as allies.

I slip up occasionally.

Cain

No problem.

The more the Internet stays the electronic version of frontier country, the happier I become.  Plus, having politicians take an interest in the web is kinda like your dad asking you about a contemporary band you listen to.  Kinda awkward and creepy, in a way you can't put your finger on.

Jasper

Quote from: Cain on February 23, 2009, 06:50:58 PM
No problem.

The more the Internet stays the electronic version of frontier country, the happier I become.  Plus, having politicians take an interest in the web is kinda like your dad asking you about a contemporary band you listen to.  Kinda awkward and creepy, in a way you can't put your finger on.

MIIIIGH PRESHHESSSS!!!

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

No problem.

I fully agree, the internet must remain lawless; mainstream values must not be allowed to overtake it!

(The optimal situation would be if the opposite happened, and the standards of culture of the web subsumed and replaced mundane offline culture...maybe....)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Jasper

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 23, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
No problem.

I fully agree, the internet must remain lawless; mainstream values must not be allowed to overtake it!

(The optimal situation would be if the opposite happened, and the standards of culture of the web subsumed and replaced mundane offline culture...maybe....)

1)  There are plenty of IRL trolls already

2)  People were talking about things that don't matter long before Facebook

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 23, 2009, 03:03:09 AM

more later possibly..

No, you're letting it get wiped by Hannity, Limbaugh, and or Glenn Beck.  You're even using "drive by media", one of their stock phrases.

It's a different KIND of bullshit, but it's still bullshit.  NONE of these bastards are on your side.  They ALL fuck you, so you decide which fucking you hate the least, and BAM!  They have you, believing half of the lies.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 23, 2009, 03:03:09 AMI just am not letting my brain be wiped by the 'drive-by' media.
Wait, aren't you the one who told us, despite what the facts say, that "almost every bill Bush vetoed" ended up being passed and that Bush was being blamed for the passage of bills that he vetoed?  I know that's what wingnut talk radio has to say, but that's "drive-by" media, innit?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on February 24, 2009, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 23, 2009, 03:03:09 AMI just am not letting my brain be wiped by the 'drive-by' media.
Wait, aren't you the one who told us, despite what the facts say, that "almost every bill Bush vetoed" ended up being passed and that Bush was being blamed for the passage of bills that he vetoed?  I know that's what wingnut talk radio has to say, but that's "drive-by" media, innit?

Of course it isn't.  "His side" did it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 23, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
No problem.

What you say?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.