News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

musical inquisition

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 11, 2008, 05:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

singer

Quote from: LMNO on September 12, 2008, 04:10:19 PM
Quote from: singer on September 12, 2008, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 12, 2008, 02:14:39 PM
The important question is do you have any MP3s of your music to share with the rest of the class? 

I'm lucky that (old dog that I am) I'm able to mix down in CD format.  :roll:

I've never made or shared an MP3 version of any of my stuff yet... (my purpose is primarily to get the insistent little buggers out of my head... so I can make room for more...) but, if you could point me to a simple tutorial I would be willing to give it a shot.

Step 1:

Load the CD into your computer.  (Cut a hole in the box.)

Step 2:

Use iTunes or some other music program to copy your songs on to the computer in MP3 format. (Put your junk in that box.)

Step 3:

Go to http://mihd.net and upload the MP3s from your computer. (Make her open the box.)

And that's how you doooo iiiiit.... IT'S MY DICK IN A BOX!
I just sent the link to my home... I'll give it a whack tonight after work....

(whacking Alphaboi's dick ITT?????)
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

Requia ☣

There are inicidences in music history where what came out was pretty accidental.  Black Sabbath comes to mind here, as they launched Metal music in a failed attempt to sound like Led Zepplin.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

singer

OK... here's 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back.

http://ifile.it/sezcktu Gonna Make You Come Around
http://ifile.it/7icuzd1 Time (I Leave behind)
http://ifile.it/76rgntw Skull Still Bone
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

AFK

Quote from: Requiem on September 13, 2008, 01:31:03 AM
There are inicidences in music history where what came out was pretty accidental.  Black Sabbath comes to mind here, as they launched Metal music in a failed attempt to sound like Led Zepplin.

No.  Black Sabbath's sound had little to do with Zepplin and more to do with Iommi losing bits of fingers from his fretting hand in a metal fabricating machine. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 15, 2008, 11:17:38 AM

No.  Black Sabbath's sound had little to do with Zepplin and more to do with Iommi losing bits of fingers from his fretting hand in a metal fabricating machine. 

Indeed, Iommi owed more to Django Reinhardt for his style than to Jimmy Page.

Voodoo

Quote from: Dr. Payne on September 15, 2008, 12:20:08 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 15, 2008, 11:17:38 AM

Indeed, Iommi owed more to Django Reinhardt for his style than to Jimmy Page.

and Sabbath owes a lot to not being able to repair Fender instruments in England.  After a p-up in his Fender died, he started using his back-up SG.

AFK

Besides, I don't think Black Sabbath launched Metal music.

It was Judas Priest and Iron Maiden who really launched it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2008, 07:07:27 PM
Besides, I don't think Black Sabbath launched Metal music.

It was Judas Priest and Iron Maiden who really launched it. 

Point.

Sabbath wasn't so much metal as they were "Horror Rock".

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

\
:nigel:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

tyrannosaurus vex

well, black sabbath does sound almost exactly like led zeppelin, especially all the high-pitched squealy guitars and pretentious shit like lutes and fucking harpsichords all over the place. also, between 1968 and 1975, getting Ozzy to wear anything besides frilly pink blouses and feathers was like peeling roadkill out of a buzzard's beak.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Payne

I think we're talking about the very start of Black Sabbath, where none of that kind of spaggotry was evident.

East Coast Hustle

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

tyrannosaurus vex

my sarcasm machine must need adjustment. nobody around here has picked up on my sarcasm for a few days.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

East Coast Hustle

nah, I shoulda caught that one. I was just looking for a fight yesterday.

the "lutes and harpsichords" bit shoulda given it away.