News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Project “Silver Screen” – ‘How To Change The World’

Started by Cramulus, April 05, 2010, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Placid Dingo on April 11, 2010, 01:41:17 PM
Into the Wild is probably better if you're not familiar with the basic premis.

I UNDERSTAND IT SEAN PENN, I UNDERSTAND, YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE IT MORE CLEAR TO ME! I GET IT ALREADY!

And yeah, maybe awakening that sense of 'hey i can be more/different/grow/develop is the little worm that needs to wake up, not 'be different, and do it like this, ok'.

I especially hated the bit near the end, when he waited until he was malnourished, out of rice and other stocked food, before he decided to venture out and see if any plants were edible ... :| That's just braindead stupid.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Number_6

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 11, 2010, 06:03:30 PM

I especially hated the bit near the end, when he waited until he was malnourished, out of rice and other stocked food, before he decided to venture out and see if any plants were edible ... :| That's just braindead stupid.

A comedy, is it?  :lulz:

Pope Pixie Pickle

Yes I hated that bit of the film but for me it highlighted his naïve nature and the fact that he just was not prepared properly for life in the wilderness.

The fucker of it was he was a days walk from medical attention and help, and if he had took a fucking map he didn't have to get that desperate and die. Also burning the money was only a thing a stupid rich kid would have done.

I have the movie of The Men Who stare at goats and have read the book but I haven't properly watched the film since I tried to watch it mid mental breakdown. The book is funny as fuck and the movie is on this weeks to watch list. I shall update then.

Cain

Quote from: Number_6 on April 11, 2010, 05:12:55 PM
What have you guys made of "The Men Who Stare At Goats"?

The Jon Ronson documentary should be added, not the comedy film with George Clooney based on the documentary.

The doc is just as funny, but three times longer and made much more interesting by the fact it is true.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Payne

Pope Pixie Pickle

Cramulus

Quote from: Number_6 on April 11, 2010, 05:12:55 PM
What have you guys made of "The Men Who Stare At Goats"?

loved it

then read up on the actual events which inspired the movie

now I love it even more

Xooxe

The Armando Iannucci Shows has done enough for me that I buy copies for other people as gifts. It's an existential satire that I file under 'fucking awesome'.

To add a film to the 'headfuck' list: My favourite right now is the Polish sci-fi comedy Sexmission.

Now I'm going to add all the films I haven't seen from this thread to my list.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Number_6 on April 08, 2010, 07:49:40 PM
Wicked, DSH is getting attention.  :lulz:
Now bow before the exemplary literature!

I found that torrent about 2 weeks ago. Fantastic collection. My connection is shit, so I've only got One Hour Photo yet. Great inspiration for the list.

If anyone would like a Demonoid invitation code, let me know, I have a few saved up.

Would be interested, but you seem to hate free speech.

This idea is useless while in Number 6's hands.
Molon Lube

Brotep

Pity about the #6 debacle...This is a pretty sweet idea.

I would add Lekce Faust to the list.

Triple Zero

Dok, afaik there's other people on this board that have Demonoid invites. I think it was BDS. I'd have requested one but currently my bandwidth is not good enough to be able to keep up with any sensible share ratio (you gotta upload what you download, basically--I do that with my public torrents but my upspeed is taking me 24/7 to get back up to 1.000x share ratio, I think demonoid would kick me for that pretty quickly, some day I will get a highspeed connection again, but I just don't really need it except for this sort of thing).

Cram I just got the Men who stare at Goats, is it also good when you haven't read up on the back story?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cramulus

oh yes, definitely. The movie begins with a disclaimer: "More of this is true than you would probably believe."

and that is incredibly accurate

when you're done with the movie, google it up, you'll be pleasantly surprised
I found another 3-4 hours of entertainment reading and watching interviews with the guy who the movie is based upon. He's still around, and is still making youtube vids.

Triple Zero

Good. Then I will request links to that after I watched the movie.

Number_6

Like you need me to use this idea... I don't have a copyright on it. No ownership over it. It's an idea. And it has its own thread now.
If you want, take my article out of the OP, and imagine its your idea. I don't care, just fucking do it.

As for The Men Who Stare At Goats doc. I've been looking for a torrent or anything of this documentary. I found one once, it got to 99%, and the seeders fucked off. I had it open for 5 months.
Halp?

Also: If anyone needs/wants/would-like a Demonoid invite I can hand out codes via PM.
That bastard, Docktor Howl can't have one, though. :lol: