News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Welcome new face.  Unfortunately, as you use your own version of English I can't really be sure that any of the words you're choosing hold the same meaning the rest of us have come to know them by.

As such, I will assume that you've wished us the happiest of days and I will, for now, ignore the nasty things you said about that pet turtle I had as a kid.  I didn't starve him; it's not my fault he couldn't solve the puzzle to get to his food.

If you're here to communicate, can I suggest you adopt a means of doing so that we all share so as to ease on the miscommunications that are already bound to arise?  Speaking the same language is one way of accomplishing this.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Phox

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 21, 2010, 10:14:58 PM
Welcome new face.  Unfortunately, as you use your own version of English I can't really be sure that any of the words you're choosing hold the same meaning the rest of us have come to know them by.

As such, I will assume that you've wished us the happiest of days and I will, for now, ignore the nasty things you said about that pet turtle I had as a kid.  I didn't starve him; it's not my fault he couldn't solve the puzzle to get to his food.

If you're here to communicate, can I suggest you adopt a means of doing so that we all share so as to ease on the miscommunications that are already bound to arise?  Speaking the same language is one way of accomplishing this.

The other is the universal language of violence...

Placid Dingo

lul u guiz git so crayzi bout teh inglish kant we jst get alongs?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Phox

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: flipdog on December 21, 2010, 10:02:06 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on December 21, 2010, 06:07:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on December 21, 2010, 04:28:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 02:14:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 21, 2010, 12:54:41 PM
Quote from: flipdog on December 21, 2010, 10:19:56 AM
i think of grammar as a convenience, as i do words and conventions.

Welcome.  We may end up not liking each other.

Concur.  The jury's still out, but mangling the Queen's English out of laziness isn't a good sign.
Seconded. (Although the Queen is technically, and genetically more German than English)

So is about a third of the English language, at least at its roots.

And Germans would never put up with her hooliganism, so she's English.
I agree completely Rog, and her Hooliganism is the main thing that endears her to us. I mean, she married a Greek Gangster ffs!  But then we've never been all that stipulative about our Monarchs. So long as they don't attempt to get "Political" that is. (That's ((partly)) why "The  Idiot" will never be King) William will be OK though, because his Mother
had proper Royal Blood. (That's why it got splattered all over an ancient Temple of Diana) So it goes. 

i mangle the english language because it's fun, not because i'm lazy, and because it takes itself waaaay too seriously.

and also because i don't care much for the phrase 'the queens english.' it's my english, that i've adapted from those around me. the fact that the queen uses something broadly similar is just one of those things that i have no control over.

Hey, so long as I can easily comprehend what you're trying to communicate, write however you damn well please.

If, in the interest of "fun", you start mangling the language in a way that makes it difficult to understand you (regardless of how interesting, relevant, or intelligent your point is), I may be forced to take incredibly drastic measures. Like calling you a doodyhead, or challenging you to a round of "ferret legging" (look it up).

Cramulus

Hi my name is Cramuaulwtow - welcome to the woetyajsbhgk. I'll be ahwuansvjhktagaug

Cain

AFK

Did you say your name was Cramul-toe? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Whatever

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 10:07:01 PM
i mangle the english language because it's fun,

Okay.

I'll make sure to use the scroll wheel on my mouse to deal with your posts in the future.

THIS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2010, 02:06:26 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 16, 2010, 08:33:13 AM
My dad's from Ohio. I once hosted a family reunion and a bunch of Ohioans came...  :x Holy fuck, now I know why he got the hell out of there as soon as he could enlist. Only time in my life I've ever seen a father-daughter brawl.

Does having your daughter run in the room while you're taking a nap, and slapping the bejesus out of you, then hauling ass count?

:lulz: No, but it's fucking funny as hell. Kudos to TGG.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

i mangle the english language because it's fun, not because i'm lazy, and because it takes itself waaaay too seriously.

Oh, so you're a dick who chooses to be pedantic about his own set of rules that nobody else shares.

Good job, asshole. I guess nobody bothered to tell you that language is for communicating.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 23, 2010, 06:04:47 PM

I think he said it was Cramwow

he holds an unbelievable amount of liquid.

BadBeast

Quote from: Nigel on December 23, 2010, 06:50:05 PM

And his wiki never leaks.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Just stay away from his SlapChop.

Cramulus

Quote from: BadBeast on December 23, 2010, 06:52:43 PM

And his wiki never leaks.

:mittens: to all three of you spaglords