News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

It's all fun and games until...

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, March 01, 2016, 06:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

http://www.viruscomix.com/page198.html

Bit of a long read, Roantree is like that. I'm happy to talk reactions, but I'd rather not ruin the end for folks. It's all well and good to play whatever games we want,but the games other people play affect us, too, and it's dangerous to forget that. I don't want to play watch the world burn, so I'm going to go vote against that block.

The Good Reverend Roger

Wow.

Still, nobody can look past the primary.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2016, 08:22:28 PM
Wow.

Still, nobody can look past the primary.

Tomorrow things will be over here at least. Massachusetts is very solidly "blue no matter what," so I imagine things will chill out locally.

The Wizard Joseph

Yeah. Comic understands the danger.

Funny thing is, not funny ha ha, that the true extent of the corruption is not readily apparent until the punchline. It's not like the fuckers will advertise their intent to the public. The last guys didn't. The secrecy is craven, but strategic. And highly effective. If the fuckers gain control again get ready for the return to high conspiracy, but the "crazy" ones will be anyone with inconvenient knowledge.

It's like the line "Stalin" gave "Rasputin" in Epic Rapbattles of History

"Everyone who ever sold you pirogi, SHOT!"

The problem won't just end if the current batch of nutjobs don't take the Presidency, but if they do I figure it will get bad FAST in a manner suitable to the Information Age.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl