News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Nightmare fuel

Started by Cain, April 18, 2009, 02:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The Boing-Boing link itself links to more stories about this.  Other details include the fact the child is 4 years old, and that his right eye was still in the socket when it was damaged (that they mention nothing about the left eye...well, the implication is pretty clear).

Triple Zero

I'm just going to pretend somebody made this up and continue to live, not in happy rainbow fart land, but, well, it's far away and it didnt happen, please?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Hey, anybody want to do some PCP?

Cramulus

Dedalus

"Writing in English is the most ingenious torture ever devised for sins committed in previous lives. The English reading public explains the reason why."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Cain on May 19, 2009, 09:57:11 AM
The Boing-Boing link itself links to more stories about this.  Other details include the fact the child is 4 years old, and that his right eye was still in the socket when it was damaged (that they mention nothing about the left eye...well, the implication is pretty clear).

His left eye and the muscles that control it were both completely gone.

Cain

Yeah.  I thought that may have been the case, but hadn't seen any news confirmation of the fact.  Then again, I haven't been exactly looking for it today...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sometimes I wish there was an "ignore thread" button so I wouldn't keep accidentally clicking on this one, because I'm an idiot and don't look at thread titles before I open them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Opera > Tools > Advanced > Blocked Content, Add, "http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=20586*"

in other browsers, I dunno.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks! It turns out it is ridiculously convoluted with Firefox, and I would have to enable parental controls in order to do it. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124511648024217217.html?mod=sphere_ts&mod=sphere_wd

QuoteShin Dong-Hyok may be the only person to have escaped from a kwan li so camp. Mr. Shin, now in his mid-20s and living in Seoul, was born and spent the first 22 years of his life in Camp No. 14, a so-called total control facility. In an interview at The Wall Street Journal's headquarters in New York last year, Mr. Shin spoke of growing up. His formal education was limited to the rudiments of reading and writing. Because political prisoners are usually incarcerated for life, the camps don't bother with political re-education; Mr. Shin said he didn't even know who Kim Jong Il was until after his escape. Nor did he understand the concept of money until, after his escape, he walked through a market and noticed bits of colored paper being exchanged for food.

At 12 or 13 -- he is unsure of the year in which he was born -- he was forced to watch the executions of his mother, who was hanged, and his brother, who was shot. They had attempted to escape. Hoping to pry information out of him -- Mr. Shin had none -- camp officials bound the boy's hands and feet, embedded a hook in his groin and dangled him over a fire. In the Journal's conference room, Mr. Shin pulled up a leg of his trousers to show me the scars.

Mr. Shin survived thanks to the kindness of a fellow prisoner, a former government official who had run afoul of the regime. They plotted a route to China -- a country Mr. Shin had never heard of -- but his friend was electrocuted on the wire that surrounded the camp. Mr. Shin literally crawled over his body to freedom.

Incredibly, he made his way to the border and on to Shanghai, where he climbed over the wall of the South Korean consulate. In 2005, the Chinese government permitted Mr. Shin to go to Seoul.

North Korea hasn't said where Ms. Lee and Ms. Ling will be incarcerated. It's possible that they will receive more favorable treatment than ordinary prisoners, especially if the North wants to use them for propaganda purposes.

In the epilogue to "The Aquariums of Pyongyang," his 2000 book about growing up in the infamous Yodok prison camp, Kang Chol-Hwan expresses his anger at the world's indifference to the human-rights abuses in the North. "We're told that this debate would be better left until another day," he writes. "But by then we'll all be dead."

I was going to comment, but damn, I think I'll just leave this here.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

It's a damn shame North Korea doesn't have lots of oil.

Template

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on June 17, 2009, 10:51:25 PM
It's a damn shame North Korea doesn't have lots of oil.

We just need a Reliable Source or two to assert it.

Perhaps:  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21142.0

BabylonHoruv

That eyeball eating PCP daddy is the reason i am on this forum.  It's the thread that Rev. WHN and i really got into it over drug legalization.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl