News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

I hate spiders, but...

Started by Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ, October 09, 2011, 12:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Suu

Don't care.

Still will kill on sight.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Oh me too. i just especially laughed at the furniture polish cause i usually squirt them from a safe distance with cleaner too  :lol:

trix

ahahaha
that link was fantastic!  Thanks!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

There's been a tiny spider in my living room for a week and it's been eating mosquitos. I'm okay with this.

I'll have to give it a poke cause I'm not sure if it's moved in the past day. Weird critter.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I see the point, in principle, but when my house is invaded by 25+ spiders, some as large as my hand (minus fingers), and there are no other bugs in my house at all, because it's the middle of winter and they're all dead....yeah, I'm going to get the newspaper and start squishing you.

Apparently, if there were no spiders at all, the amount of flies they eat yearly would be enough to cover the surface of the planet in 2 metres of fly corpses.  However, that aint much comfort where they aren't no flies in my house and tons of spiders.

Though since getting the cats, this has not been a problem, as our cats will kill both spiders and flies.  And cats are nicer to look at.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2011, 11:23:24 AM

Apparently, if there were no spiders at all, the amount of flies they eat yearly would be enough to cover the surface of the planet in 2 metres of fly corpses.

:cn:
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cain

Quote from: BadBeast on October 09, 2011, 01:10:13 PM

Apparently, if there were no spiders at all, the amount of flies they eat yearly would be enough to cover the surface of the planet in 2 metres of fly corpses.

That's why I said apparently.  I read it at least a decade ago, in a science-y publication about insects, but that's all I can recall.  It also may have been the amount they eat plus the amount they would reproduce if they were not in a spider's stomach.  Point is, either way, that's a shit load of flies.

BadBeast

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2011, 01:45:55 PM

That's why I said apparently.  I read it at least a decade ago, in a science-y publication about insects, but that's all I can recall.  It also may have been the amount they eat plus the amount they would reproduce if they were not in a spider's stomach.  Point is, either way, that's a shit load of flies.
Yeah, that's a lot of flies, either way.  But we could (after wiping out the spiders) introduce those cute little geckos to soak up the slack in fly consumption. They're far less repulsive to find scuttling across your duvet at 3.am, and they only have the two eyes, which makes them . . . . . . almost human in comparison to a spider's eight. They don't get stuck in the bath, or reduce a quarter of all women into screeching hysteria either. And that's good.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Sir Squid Diddimus

I like spiders. I never kill em in my house.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on October 09, 2011, 05:03:10 PM

But isn't that because the alternative in Florida is 2-foot-long crocodile-cockroach hybrids that spit acid?

Telarus

Quote from: BadBeast on October 09, 2011, 02:42:42 PM

Yeah, that's a lot of flies, either way.  But we could (after wiping out the spiders) introduce those cute little geckos to soak up the slack in fly consumption. They're far less repulsive to find scuttling across your duvet at 3.am, and they only have the two eyes, which makes them . . . . . . almost human in comparison to a spider's eight. They don't get stuck in the bath, or reduce a quarter of all women into screeching hysteria either. And that's good.

On the other hand, they will use your ceiling fan as a carnival ride. They have no qualms about landing on your dinnerplate. The word "Gecko" actually comes from the sounds they make (late, late at night). OH, OH, and every once in a while you'll open or close a window and hear 2-3 tiny little *CHRUNCH* sounds, look down, and discover that you've just performed 3 tiny lizard abortions.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on October 09, 2011, 05:03:10 PM

if it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty sure all of our spiders are ill-tempered and mildly poisonous to people at best and OH MY GOD ITS A BLACK GODDAMN WIDOW KILL KILL GET IT AWAY FROM ME AAAH, I wouldn't either.  I'd be cool with some daddy long legs in our house, but they just don't live here. :sad:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BadBeast on October 09, 2011, 02:42:42 PM

The geckos are cute, but not that good at catching flies, and they die if the temperature gets below like 60 degrees. That's the only reason the whole continent isn't swarming with them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."