News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Limited Time Offer - Free Stuff

Started by gnimbley, August 24, 2004, 02:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnimbley

Okay, here's the deal.

I have, in the past, bought and sold a lot of paperbacks. Especially on eBay. The market for old paperbacks is not what it used to be. So I have a lot of extra paperbacks. (I actually have a lot of books, period.)

I have decided that writing them up and putting them on eBay is no longer worth the effort. So what do I do with them, huh? I could donate them to the library for a book sale, or try to trade them in at a used book store, but I have decided, why not just give them away to the people on the forum?

So, for a limited time only, I am offering a box of paperback backs to anybody on the forum that wants one, as long as supplies last. All you have to do is send me a mailing address (use PM or email) and I will send you a box of books.

Each box holds about 10 paperbacks. I send them out book rate, so that's pretty cheap - I'll pick up the postage, but it also takes a week to forever to get anywhere in the US. (I would send overseas if the rate is not too much or you are willing to pay for the postage, but some places, like Australia, it is like $20+ to send a 4 pound box, so forget that!)

I have already made up 12 boxes. Each contains at least one vintage sf novel, one horror novel, one fantasy, one murder mystery, and one non-fiction science or pseudo-science book. The rest of the books are sf or fantasy or horror. I have already sealed the boxes so what you get is random. If I get more than 12 requests, I will make up more boxes, but they will contain more horror (since I have an excess of that) and some other stuff in addition to sf and fantasy. Most of the vintage sf is in the 12 boxes. All the Ace doubles are already boxed up. (If you want just horror, let me know because I can probably make up a couple of boxes of that.)

That's the deal. Send me a mailing address and I send you one box of books. Only one per person. No say on what you get, but hey! it's free. And you will help me clear out my eBay business.

Thank you for your attention. You may return to chaos now.

Rev Thwack

Are any of them bound in human flesh or written entirly in an ancient and unknown language?
My balls itch...

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Horab Fibslager

what kind of books are they? good ones?
Hell is other people.

gnimbley

They are books. Some are written by well known authors. Some are not. Some are well written. Some are not. It's a crap shoot. What do you want? They are free.

None are bound in human flesh. (Do you think I would give that one away? You'd pay, baby, pay!) There is one that crawls on it's own. I don't remember which box it is in.

gnimbley

Books went out today. They went book rate (cheap) so it will be a while
before you get them. I picked up an envelope to send to Sweden. I could
only get two paperbacks in, so I put in ones you are unlikely to find in a
Swedish used book store. HA! I'll mail that the next time I am at the PO.
Yay!

I still have lots of books left. A bunch of boxes all ready made up.
Prehaps some of you are paranoid that if you give me your address I will
send you anthrax or something. No such luck. Just books. About ten
ppks.

Quote from: Buffalo Springfield
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

Send me a PM or email with an address, get a box of books. No strings
attached. What could be easier?

And, no, I am not giving your addresses to fluffy.

(However, she did tell me I couldn't mail just poetry to Hotsuma. Damn.)

Rev Thwack

Oh shit... I just realized that the gnome now has my real name...

Quick! To the bat-courthouse!
My balls itch...

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Rev Thwack

not yet... havn't had the time to get it changed. Of course, you are missing part of it.... once I do get it changed it's going to be Thwack The Dogcatcher.... and I do have that nice little title of Rev. heh..... I love my new name.
My balls itch...

Charlemagne

Yay. Books!

Thank you very much, mister gnome.
Rightfully claiming the title Emperor of Scandinavia since 2003

gnimbley

Quote from: Rev ThwackOh shit... I just realized that the gnome now has my real name...

Quick! To the bat-courthouse!

It's worse. Now fluffy has it, too.

MedeoPlusPlus

I didn't give Gnimbley my real name- everyone at my house knows who "Medeo" is :P
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

SMFabal

S M Fabal is my real name - I don'tr need to hide behind aliases :P
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

DJRubberducky

Wow, I almost feel ashamed now, being neither a DJ nor a Rubberducky. :lol:
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

I forgot about the name part.

Oh well.