News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Lecherous, might as well call me a wetback so i can get on my way.

When you insult a minority, you are disrespecting all minorities.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: Faust on July 11, 2014, 09:05:40 PM
no, moron.

Yeah, but my question didn't explicate my position, but thanks. Trix hit the nail mostly on the head.
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Johnny on July 11, 2014, 10:54:54 PM

That's obviously true, but also a different matter. If you flip shit over the word I will use it to my advantage. Period.

The Johnny

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on July 11, 2014, 11:08:09 PM

That's obviously true, but also a different matter. If you flip shit over the word I will use it to my advantage. Period.

Right, because words dont have meaning nor intent, they are just tools to derive reactions from others, and shame on them if they get insulted by them.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Count Chocula

I have been wondering what happened to this board, trying to figure out why it's so dead now. There's like 6-8 people who actually post. And NOW I know why... everybody else has been banned, apparently.

Possible semi-racist remark= vvvv Bad

Revoking freedom of speech on a whim= Good

The Johnny

Quote from: Delcon on July 11, 2014, 11:33:28 PM
I have been wondering what happened to this board, trying to figure out why it's so dead now. There's like 6-8 people who actually post. And NOW I know why... everybody else has been banned, apparently.

Freedom of speech = racial slurs ITT

-B.F. Skinner

Count Chocula

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Johnny on July 11, 2014, 11:25:57 PM

Right, because words dont have meaning nor intent, they are just tools to derive reactions from others, and shame on them if they get insulted by them.

All the people who retain the moral high ground will probably agree with you, that doesn't mean your enemies won't recognize that you are easily baited and then capitalize on it. You are talking to Pope Lecherous. I'm a Sith Master,  you weakling, light side bias having clown.

trix

Quote from: trix on July 11, 2014, 10:00:22 PM
it's illegal to shout racial slurs at people in Canada, but you'll have a hard time finding many Canadians that consider that particular law a violation of their free speech.

Maybe think about why that is.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Johnny

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on July 11, 2014, 11:39:29 PM

All the people who retain the moral high ground will probably agree with you, that doesn't mean your enemies won't recognize that you are easily baited and then capitalize on it. You are talking to Pope Lecherous. I'm a Sith Master,  you weakling, light side bias having clown.

Well, in real life i confront bigots all the time, be it against homosexuality or race, and even though im of a light frame, i do not tolerate it and get physical if needed.

Here in the internet we only have words and board administration and enforcement, which isnt on my hands, but i do have the choice of participating (although not as frequently as others) in a given place according to its tone and permitted practices.

This isnt directly about me obviously, but i can leave in solidarity for a fellow member being harrassed for what they are (being harrassed for what someone does is different, because we have a choice in what we do, but we dont have a choice in what we are), which shouldnt be tolerated

-B.F. Skinner

von

Really, I don't think it's that at all. I think it's a matter of format.

Most forums I use have a large number of small, discreet, topic-centric threads. Here, a lot of content ends up in a small number of large, non-discreet, broad-topic threads that are hard to follow and require hours of back-log reading in order to be informed enough to make a post.
Because most people don't want to read 200+ pages of replies in order to make a post on the internet, many people probably just go elsewhere to fulfill their needs.

Regarding the banning thing and all that...I'm not even going to go near that. Too many ways to get poop on my fingers with that...

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Johnny on July 12, 2014, 12:18:45 AM

Well, in real life i confront bigots all the time, be it against homosexuality or race, and even though im of a light frame, i do not tolerate it and get physical if needed.

Here in the internet we only have words and board administration and enforcement, which isnt on my hands, but i do have the choice of participating (although not as frequently as others) in a given place according to its tone and permitted practices.

This isnt directly about me obviously, but i can leave in solidarity for a fellow member being harrassed for what they are (being harrassed for what someone does is different, because we have a choice in what we do, but we dont have a choice in what we are), which shouldnt be tolerated

Good for you. Do you want a certificate for your good Samaritanism? I have to go to the bathroom real quick. Let me build your trophy.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: von on July 12, 2014, 12:28:41 AM

Too many ways to get poop on my fingers with that...

:lulz:

This phrase has been assimilated for Memetic Offense/Defense.

Salty

I thank GAWD that we may benefit from your erudite analysis.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

von

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on July 12, 2014, 12:41:56 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on July 12, 2014, 12:18:45 AM
I am mad

No shit. I am trollan
r u say words have no purpose but for trollan?

Luke, I am your father. Also, words are for trollan anytime there are moralfags about, because moralfags = easy to bait.

I beat up racists and don't afraid of anything! IRL even!
You shouldn't be racist in foro where people do not liek racism! Is not polite!

cool story bro. Shiiiiieeeeet!

>how I read the whole thing

I saw an argument with as many points as a marble...