News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Election Night. Gimme My Fix.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 06, 2012, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

NBC currently has it at 158 v 153 in favor of Obama.  Based on what they are reporting in numbers so far, I think we'll see Obama picking up Ohio and Colorado, he already has Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan.  There really is no way for Romney to win.

Also, Scott Brown just lost to Warren.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

So the Democrats are goingto pick up, effectively, at least two seats in the Senate.  My candidate, Angus King, won his Senate race here in Maine.  He's an Independent and will lean Left far more oftenthan he will lean right.

AFK

Gay Marriage is failing, so far, in Maine.   :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

I hope Grijalva "The Green Mustache" gets into Congress.

Also I hope Bill Beard gets County Recorder. 

Not even shitting you about these guys.  Beard and 'stache combo. :lulz:

tyrannosaurus vex

Notice they're "calling" states with unpredictable criteria. Some states are called for a candidate with a 10 point lead, others when a candidate has a 5 point lead, and still others are called for a candidate when the OTHER candidate is in the lead. Unpredictable, unless of course their entire purpose is to maintain the appearance of an exact tie as long as possible.

The linchpin is Ohio. Expect that to be "too close to call" until after midnight.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 07, 2012, 03:04:55 AM
So far, as expected.

Such an optimist.
Meatloaf convinced me this will be Mittens' Kingdom
This space for rent.

LMNO

They have to string it out-- they've already sold the ad time.

Cain

Quote from: BBCIn one of the first swing states to fall, Mr Obama won Michigan, repeating his 2008 victory there.

Mr Romney's father George was governor of Michigan in the 1960s and Mitt Romney was born and raised there.

But the president's 2009 rescue of the car industry helped seal the deal with the state's voters, analysts say.

Mr Obama also took Pennsylvania, continuing a Democratic streak dating back to 1992. He also held New Hampshire and Minnesota, states he won in 2008 but which the Republicans hoped to take from him.

Elsewhere, Mr Romney won Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Mr Obama has taken Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington DC.

Of the states called so far, Indiana switched hands from 2008, when Mr Obama narrowly won it. Mr Obama also failed to hold a single Nebraska electoral vote he won in 2008.

AFK

I think we may have a Florida recount in our future.

Elder Iptuous

florida recount is required for 1% or less, right?
how about ohio and virginia? they look pretty damn close, too...

AFK

I'm not sure, but yeah,someone needs to win by more than 1% in Florida to avoid a recount.

West coast is coming in, and according to NBCNews, Obama is 27 electoral votes away from the win.  And Oregon, Nevada, and Iowa are still outstanding.  So Obama just needs Ohio and two of those states and he wins. Romney needs a hail mary at this point.

Romney's toast.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 07, 2012, 04:06:01 AM
I'm not sure, but yeah,someone needs to win by more than 1% in Florida to avoid a recount.

West coast is coming in, and according to NBCNews, Obama is 27 electoral votes away from the win.  And Oregon, Nevada, and Iowa are still outstanding.  So Obama just needs Ohio and two of those states and he wins. Romney needs a hail mary at this point.

Romney's toast.

Hell, even with the recount, Obama's gonna get FL, and that's all he needs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: V3X on November 07, 2012, 03:16:07 AM
Notice they're "calling" states with unpredictable criteria. Some states are called for a candidate with a 10 point lead, others when a candidate has a 5 point lead, and still others are called for a candidate when the OTHER candidate is in the lead. Unpredictable, unless of course their entire purpose is to maintain the appearance of an exact tie as long as possible.

The linchpin is Ohio. Expect that to be "too close to call" until after midnight.
yeah, i don't get it.
like WI looks really damn close, with only 36% reported in, yet they're calling it...
is it disclosed on any of the various networks what their methods are for making the call?

AFK

It's a combination of exit polls, actual returns, looking at what portions of the state have reported results, etc.

Ohio has been called for Obama.  Game Over!