News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

More Dirty Work for Money

Started by Iron Sulfide, December 08, 2004, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graud the Greyface

*yawns*

Whatever.  You can try to cover up all you want, but your words are there.  You don't give a shit about gay rights, you'd be happier the way things were... you're such the little conservative, aren't you?

Well, I have to go.  You have fun getting all pissy that I poked your little rant full of holes.  I'll read it, if I feel like it.

Ciao!
Do not understand me too quickly.

EraPassing

*snorts*

Typical of you, Graud.
Elves suck.
Yeah, I said it, I went there.  Whatcha gonna do?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Graud the Greyface*yawns*

Whatever.  You can try to cover up all you want, but your words are there.  You don't give a shit about gay rights, you'd be happier the way things were... you're such the little conservative, aren't you?

Well, I have to go.  You have fun getting all pissy that I poked your little rant full of holes.  I'll read it, if I feel like it.

Ciao!

yeah, OK, that was total crap...

you didn't even try to make that look like something other than a total cop-out...and just when I was hoping this was gonna get interesting...

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Yalkara
Quote from: Chuck U. Farleyblah blah blah

ooh dear... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and she's a woman scorned because calling her bitch again only gets you a dirt nap

huh? who are you talking to about what?

:?

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Yalkara

Quote from: Chuck U. Farley
Quote from: Yalkara
Quote from: Chuck U. Farleyblah blah blah

ooh dear... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and she's a woman scorned because calling her bitch again only gets you a dirt nap

huh? who are you talking to about what?

:?

never mind me. It was late then and it's late now. I just got in. do you know what it's like to go to 7 clubs in the one night and have to sample everything? more of the same tomorrow,
I am the Lizard Queen!

East Coast Hustle

hell yeah, I know what it's like!

except for the part about sampling everything.

I never sample club drugs.

I just grab a handful and snort/swallow/smoke it up.

8)

agent compassion

QuoteNow, as for me working against that ban - I don't live in one of those states. I don't get newspapers from those states - I had no idea that the ban was being considered.

I live in one of those states, and the ban passed by a small margin.

Fuck you, Oregon!

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Bob the Mediocre

::Waves to Graud::
Personally, the only thing that can get me as infuriated as you're trying to are those Santorm heads who say homosexuality is a disease that should be "cured." Thanks for trying, though.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

East Coast Hustle

*would like to take some credit (again) for being one of the very first people to camapign for Santorum as a definition of the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is a byproduct of sodomy*

www.spreadingsantorum.com

8)

EraPassing

Quote from: Graud the Greyface

I've noticed a strong tendency among a certain type of asshat to assume that just because a person doesn't support a minority position without question or condition, then that person must automatically be a Bad Person.
Nevermind the fact that minority rights activists often do not have a broader picture in mind, do not care about consequences, and work only for their own immediate interests.
One person, who tries to think of long-reaching consequences and cares about everyone's rights, not just the rights of a few, must by definition be evil.  
Is that it?
Well, too fucking bad.  I'm not going to stop caring about the rights of the people in this country as a whole in order to be accepted by a few asshats who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.  I'm not going to stop questioning what other people tell me is right and true.  I'm not going to be intimidated into making bad choices.  I'd rather be honest than afraid.

I'm not gay. Gay rights, either granted or withheld, do not affect me.  I am not required to give a damn about gay rights, or to work for those rights.  The fact that I will support gay rights, so long as that support does not mean trampling all over the rights of other people, is sheer generosity on my part, not obligation.  If I didn't care about gay rights at all, I'd flat-out say so.  Why wouldn't I be honest about it?  What could you do to me - disapprove of me?  Oooh, scary.

My words are there, unedited.  Anyone looking to compare my previous two posts can see that I'm saying the exact same thing in both of them.

Oh, and:  *cuddles Turd for his protectiveness*
Elves suck.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Graud the Greyface*yawns*

Ciao!

actualyl i do give a shti about gay rights.

fuck em i say. sodomize em in teh streets.

death to all minoritists!
Hell is other people.

EraPassing

Quote from: VerthaineI've never quite understood why anyone would want to be in a religion that hates them and their way of life.

For a long time, I didn't understand that either.  I probably still don't.  But I was watching Prophecy a long time ago, and was much struck by Lucifer's definition of Hell: that Hell is being removed from God's voice.  Or something like that.

A person's religion is the path that the person takes in their journey to commune with, be close to, God.  Sure, irregardless of the religion, everyone ends up with their own private relationship with God, but that religion is important - it's the path.  Without a path, a person can easily get lost.  And when you get lost like that, God's "voice" is harder to hear.  And that's just scary.
I feel sorry for people who are stuck with that, with a religion that betrays their needs, who have to struggle on their own to find God's voice again all by themselves.  I can imagine that it leaves them with a brutal sense of helplessness, of being alone.  And no one can be brave and strong and independant every single moment of every single day.

I don't suppose Christian gays can help being Christian anymore than they can help being gay.

(I'm using the term "God" in the generic sense, of course.)
Elves suck.

Horab Fibslager

that's why  wont; date jehoacvah's witnesses.

i ahve no time to be their guru, and i cannot trust myself to be their robot.
Hell is other people.

agent compassion

Quote*would like to take some credit (again) for being one of the very first people to camapign for Santorum as a definition of the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is a byproduct of sodomy*

That site, and that campaign, rock SO hard. I love that Googlebombers made that site the #1 result when the name "Santorum" is Googled, instead of the Senator's page.

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

saint b

Quote from: EraPassingMy only objection to the idea of gay marriage is a legislature being drafted forcing the churches to recognize it.  What will that mean?  Some asshat gay activist is going to sue a Church for the minister declining to marry him/her to his/her partner, since it is against the Church's doctrine.
Somewhere in Europe, there's a gay man suing the Catholic Church for not allowing him to be a priest.  So it's not like it won't happen.
And I'm not cool with that.  Freedom in this country shouldn't mean only freedom for the minorities and everyone else has to suck it up.  The right to hate should be a right for everyone, and not just those minority haters who declare "down with whatever we're protesting today!"

The ban, however, is completely bullshit.

If there existed someway of drafting a law that would allow gays to marry without permitting them to abuse the legislature, then I'm all for it.    They need it, they want it, there's no real reason to deny it to them.

Still, what I want to know is - what are the gays doing?  What steps are they taking to get their rights?  Why aren't the gays doing something about their own rights before Bush manages to sodomize them all with his proposed Constitutional Amendment?

churches don't have to recognize shit, though. and what a church does or does not recognize means shit in this country. to have a marriage certificate in this country means legal- not religious- marriage. typically a church wedding will include the legal aspect within the whole of it's ceremony (the doubling of a legal/religious marriage).

gays are and have been trying to get these things done, but let's
face it...they are pretty gay.

but...to grant them the ability to be legally married is a no brainer, i think.
it all comes down to the basic concept of two consenting adults entering
into a socially binding legal contract with eachother.

and as for the issue of marriage being a defunct institution in the first place,
it think it's kinda like the military: the only requirement should be the will to participate. if you're stupid enough for that, you're perfect!