News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 21, 2008, 04:31:57 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 21, 2008, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 21, 2008, 03:48:45 PM
Black Iron Prison wiki accounts available upon request.

request.

also if you need the wiki mirrored here i can do that

PM sent.

Hey, if i wanted a wiki that was totally unrelated to Discordia (like, for personal, nerdy reasons), which wasn't linked from the front, is there any chance I could get one set up here? If so, i don't need one now. But may in the future, to coordinate weird unrelated nerd projects.

that would be fine as long as you keep traffic to it low(by low I mean less then here).

also I was thinking of setting up fake pages from here too, (gonna make a parody of the eris bar and grill called Planet Discordia with really tacky planet hollywood design).
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Friar Puck

Current projects: Destroy loli and weak thinking [in that order]
Expertise: Philosophy, Christianity, learning how to fit in
Goal: If I can't stab a pedophile, might as well destroy his favorite website. That is all.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Friar Puck on August 22, 2008, 07:15:48 PM
Current projects: Destroy loli and weak thinking [in that order]
Expertise: Philosophy, Christianity, learning how to fit in
Goal: If I can't stab a pedophile, might as well destroy his favorite website. That is all.

And out of curiousity what do you consider 'weak' thinking?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Triple Zero

Quote from: GA on August 22, 2008, 11:52:59 PM
And out of curiousity what do you consider 'weak' thinking?

obviously: thinking it's appropriate to randomly post anime on PD... EVER. :roll:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Ari

Current projects:

Translating Roger's rants into Swedish, German on request or as soon as I have more spare time.
["give up" is almost ready, just getting some advise from real swedes about a couple of slang terms; I plan to have finished 5 or 6 more by the end of October, depending on how demanding school and work are going to be.]
Throwing sticks into cogwheels.
Exploring gonzo.

Skills:

?
Basics mostly - computers, woodland combat & survival, irritating people, bake delicious cake...
パンクビッチ

Faust

Skills: coding related; html/css, c, basic flash, visual basic, maya, basic understanding of mysql, labview, 80 x 86 assembly.

areas of knowledge: physics, automation/control and instrumentation in general. Lots of useless shit.

current projects;
COLLEGE: sustainable energy via wind power presentation and report.
              Project management V regular managemen

Hobbies: working on a game of arkham sanatorium as an introduction to rpgs for first years in college.
             writing a short fiction which gets my attention about once a month which will never see the light of day.

PD To do list:
Register for big boards.
Collect old disposable threads for incineration to reduce overhead.
Add the art page to the main site.

And what I need help with: I am currently building a flash interface for the site in the form of a house with clickable items that will lead to sound files of rants or odd material. I post a thread about this when I get home tonight, but what I need is stuff to throw into it,
if you want your room in the pd house, or want to design some scenery for it, it would be much appreciated. Hell if someone here is good with flash and wants to jack the project feel free because you can probably do a better job then me

Sleepless nights at the chateau

RunsWithScissors

I'll volunteer for whatever I guess, as long as it's after the 9th, because then I'll have way more free time.

Skills: belly dancing, HVAC, sewing, cooking, type 80+wpm, yoga, incredible physical flexibility (is this a skill?), a wee bit of martial arts, rapier wit, card tricks, poetry (lol), the ability to be liked by just about anyone if I try hard enough, certified EMT, can drive pretty much any type of vehicle, demolitions, firearms training, lots of other random things

Areas of expertise:  Mythology, History of Nazi Germany, edible plants and fungus, fabric types and the best uses for them, anything having to do with deciduous forests
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

LMNO

Quote from: RunsWithScissors on October 05, 2008, 07:53:47 PM
I'll volunteer for whatever I guess, as long as it's after the 9th, because then I'll have way more free time.

Skills: belly dancing, HVAC, sewing, cooking, type 80+wpm, yoga, incredible physical flexibility (is this a skill?), a wee bit of martial arts, rapier wit, card tricks, poetry (lol), the ability to be liked by just about anyone if I try hard enough, certified EMT, can drive pretty much any type of vehicle, demolitions, firearms training, lots of other random things

Areas of expertise:  Mythology, History of Nazi Germany, edible plants and fungus, fabric types and the best uses for them, anything having to do with deciduous forests

Please provide details.

:LMNuenndO:

Also,

RunsWithScissors

Quote from: LMNO on October 06, 2008, 03:12:42 PM
Quote from: RunsWithScissors on October 05, 2008, 07:53:47 PM

incredible physical flexibility

Please provide details.

For starters, I can bend over backward and kiss the floor. . .

Link my hands behind my back and pull them all the way over my head to the front. . .

Plus various other things that my husband would be very jealous about anyone else seeing and/or knowing about. 
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

LMNO

Suggestion:

Write a memebomb somewhere on your body, and film yourself contorting until the memebomb appears.

Then spam YouTube.

RunsWithScissors

Holy carp, Batman!

That's brilliant!

LMNO

It's a variation on the "memeboob" project, where we get girls to write memebombs on their chests (a wet T shirt will work, too) and then take picures.

Basically, hook the people with the promise of perviness, and then hit them with the memebomb.

dr retard

Quote from: planeswalker on September 17, 2008, 12:13:08 AM
Translating Roger's rants into Swedish,

I´ll help with the swedish translation. Will start trying to translate the BIP very soon.
I´d be glad to help with anything really.

Skills:
Making "very good" music and sounds - analog and digital, can make jewlery or anything in metal, drinking coffee and alcohol.

Verbal Mike

planeswalker, be sure to let me know whenever you finish translating anything into German, I'm always looking for stuff to disseminate but unfortunately my German is not up to my own high standard of translation.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Manta Obscura

Hey gang,

I was just writing to add myself as a volunteer for any particular GASM/project that anyone might have going on. I'm from the central Ohio, U.S.A. area, so if you need any coverage for that area, just ask and I'll be glad to help, just as long as what you need done is something clever and fun. If not then what's the point, right?

In the interests of user-friendliness, I'll outline my current projects and strengths. I'll also throw in some weaknesses for anyone to utilize/cleverly exploit.

-Current projects: PosterGASM (Dayton, OH); OMigami
-Strengths: Writing skills (humorous or otherwise; I suck at traditional rhythmic verse in pentameter or hexameter, but everything else is good to go); Literary Interpretation skills; Minor law knowledge; Research skills; Planning skills; Cooking skills (except souffle making; that crap is alchemical and impossible to bake well); Public speaking experience; Access to business contacts; Access to color printer/computer; Can type with toes at 26 wpm; Owns traditional Japanese kimono and martial arts gi; Has read "Ulysses," by James Joyce.
-Weaknesses: Conceited; Does not know how to use any graphics software or image manipulation software beyond MS Paint; Eats chocolate and cheese together; Does not understand the ideas of Thomas Carlyle's "Sartor Resartus," and cannot make sense of "Finnegan's Wake," by James Joyce; Suffers from a minor case of depression; Can't hold breath for more than forty seconds underwater.

Happiness,
Jacob,
a.k.a. M.O.,
a.k.a. DPR
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.