News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Volunteer Thread

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 09, 2008, 11:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 22, 2008, 03:26:02 PM
-Weaknesses: Conceited; Does not know how to use any graphics software or image manipulation software beyond MS Paint;

you'll get along just fine!

Hey, do you think the current POSTERGASM wiki page could be organized better? I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Also, if anybody is up for mucking around in wikicode (IT'S SO FREAKING EASY TO LEARN), there's definitely stuff that blackironprison.com needs.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cramulus on October 22, 2008, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 22, 2008, 03:26:02 PM
-Weaknesses: Conceited; Does not know how to use any graphics software or image manipulation software beyond MS Paint;

you'll get along just fine!

Hey, do you think the current POSTERGASM wiki page could be organized better? I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

Also, if anybody is up for mucking around in wikicode (IT'S SO FREAKING EASY TO LEARN), there's definitely stuff that blackironprison.com needs.

I actually really like the setup of that Wiki page. The only things that I would change, if I had unlimited autocratic power, would be:

1) Make the "Mission" and "Objective" sections their own sub-headings, like the "Materials" Sub-heading. That way new users' eyes can be instantly drawn to the important sections they're looking for.

2) Transfer the "Why I put up posters" essay to a new sub-heading titled something like "PosterGASM in Action." Another good thing to put under this section would be to include links to people's flickr/photobucket pages, so that a new BIP visitor will see that people actually DO this stuff and don't just talk about it. The pics that are already on the page are a good start, but it would be neat to see a more fleshed-out archive link that went to some of the more notable posters, or links that go to individuals' pages.

3) A more long-term goal: a section which outlines the laws about where posters may be legally put up. I know a few Discordians-in-the-works who are a bit intimidated, thinking that they'll get carted off in a paddy wagon for putting a sign up on a telephone pole or something.

4) Even more long-term: a section which gives illegal places/ways to put stuff up, and how (hypothetically, of course :wink:) one would go about doing it without getting caught. For example, I have tried (and on a few occasions, nearly been caught) carving the message into a less-than public place (not civilian property, mind you; that would be an asshole thing to do) so that my hard work wouldn't be torn down in an hour by a zealous cleaning crew. This section could expand into a whole new Wiki page, called "NinjaGASM," or something.

And that's it, really. Minor criticisms, because the page is pretty solid as it is right now.

~Happiness
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Cramulus

navkat

the navkat
Locations: Mobile, AL & New Orleans, LA
Areas of expertise: Writing, Tirelessly ranting on message boards, annoying the shit out of people with minutae, behaving badly in public places, mindless labor.
Other Assets: Bizarre, absurdist sense of humor, access to drugs, counter-culture afficionado, Huge tits, excessive amounts of free time.
Weaknesses: Becomes bored easily. Random reversion to a child-like state to keep self amused render most tactics moot--guerrilla thought-bombs turn quickly into glitter-bombs and Hello Kitty sticker PLUR-fests.

Jasper

Perhaps my entry needs updating.

Felix

Expertise: Armorsmithing, data-hoarding, sketching, algebra tutoring, Java (I know enough to do some basic stuff), some early psychology, public speech training, cooking and baking for large groups, running home-grown NWoD games.

Other Assets: large personal library of physical and virtual texts, scooter, big pile of misc electronic parts, access to online scholarly article database, a trampoline on my roof, access to a fairly good machine shop.  Drill presses, hydraulic pipe bender, OxyAcetyline torch, grinder, powertools.

ternechto

I'm pretty useless but I like tinkering around with photoshop, and could use some excuse to. Sketch up too. Perhaps a 3d model of some pool on some roof, somewhere  :?

AFK

Quote from: ternechto on December 15, 2008, 02:48:16 AM
I'm pretty useless but I like tinkering around with photoshop, and could use some excuse to. Sketch up too. Perhaps a 3d model of some pool on some roof, somewhere  :?

Perhaps.  Get to it!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

that's neither a pool nor a roof. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

bds

ternechto

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 16, 2008, 11:10:12 AM
that's neither a pool nor a roof. 
Context plz? Otherwise the pool's going to be a dildo penetrating a bear (roof).

Cainad (dec.)

The context is that the Principia Discussion subforum is at the top, and therefore it is "The Roof." There's a pool there, or so we like to claim.

ternechto

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

:lulz: you should go post that in the pool!