News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

The Circular Firing Squad

Started by Cain, July 16, 2008, 06:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

I always thought a circular firing squad was what happened when some people stand in a circle trying to shoot the guy in the middle.
consequently the firing squad takes unexpected casualties.

google disagrees, unless i'm misunderstanding metaphores again.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: Regret on July 18, 2008, 01:45:18 PM
I always thought a circular firing squad was what happened when some people stand in a circle trying to shoot the guy in the middle.
consequently the firing squad takes unexpected casualties.

google disagrees, unless i'm misunderstanding metaphores again.

Google always disagrees.

But in my experience, its far more like the way I describe.  It usually involves one small conflict, then someone else comes in, then someone who hates those people comes in, then someone else who hates both sides comes in etc etc.  That sort of circular firing squad which you mention seems to hold a unity of purpose that is absent from so many of these squabbles.

(Shush!)

Can i be your enemy?  For the past 20 years i used to think of myself as a discordian.  I even gave that as my official religion on entering prison (couldn't fix the 'no discordian's in foxholes bit' but wtf, i'm not that dumb)  Anyway, now that i have read what you people think, whatever i am, i ain't anything like you.  And i'm a totalitarian dickhead - if that helps.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: (Shush!) on August 04, 2008, 09:25:57 PM
Can i be your enemy?  For the past 20 years i used to think of myself as a discordian.  I even gave that as my official religion on entering prison (couldn't fix the 'no discordian's in foxholes bit' but wtf, i'm not that dumb)  Anyway, now that i have read what you people think, whatever i am, i ain't anything like you.  And i'm a totalitarian dickhead - if that helps.

Guess who this is, and win an internets.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

My psychic powers tell me that he has a small head... way too fucking small.