News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2016, 05:11:54 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 25, 2016, 04:36:47 PM
Well played, sir.

It's liberating as hell, and it drives people bugshit.  Even the people who realized I was trolling were driven to correct me.  I recommend it.

This is pretty much my default setting, though I mostly do it just to fit in with all the dumb, wrong people.
Formerly something else...

Cain

I love how it's now raining and windy outside, I have my window fully open and two fans on high settings, and if I move 4 metres back from the window towards the bedroom door, the heat rises enough for me to start sweating again.

And the students cannot even open their window like I do.

But no, I've been assured this is perfectly fine and healthy and not at all putting anyone at risk  :lol:  This is why I need to move to Oslo.  It was 33C today (outside.  Inside it was probably 43C).  Today in Oslo it was 22C. 

Cain

I'm also looking forward to taking a cold shower tonight and then waking up tomorrow caked in my own sweat.  Again.  Because that's always enjoyable.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2016, 01:28:42 AM
I love how it's now raining and windy outside, I have my window fully open and two fans on high settings, and if I move 4 metres back from the window towards the bedroom door, the heat rises enough for me to start sweating again.

And the students cannot even open their window like I do.

But no, I've been assured this is perfectly fine and healthy and not at all putting anyone at risk  :lol:  This is why I need to move to Oslo.  It was 33C today (outside.  Inside it was probably 43C).  Today in Oslo it was 22C.

welcome to Tucson.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I would assume at least most people in Tucson have some form of air conditioning, only because the city is not currently on fire.

Cain

I've considered setting fire to this building.  I mean, apart from the normal reasons.  I reckon it might actually be colder if I did that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's been back and forth here. Today it's too hot. I feel drained.

I'm slightly more than halfway through my list of people I have to email for work, though. So at least I've accomplished something.

I guess.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

New England has been a gorgeous, unparalleled paradise for the last week, of warm sun, cool breezes, striking sunsets, and a temporary ebbing of the inevitable grasp of misery that consumes us all.

So take that, ya fahckin queeahs.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Trivial

:lulz:  I see all the weather.  I see it happening everywhere yet I'm stuck in a  building with no natural light.  :lulz:
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Freeky

It's been really nice here, actually, because the temperature dropped to 93 F (34 C) this week, and I'm not even being facetious about it being a nice change.  Soooo much better.

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 26, 2016, 02:16:02 AM
New England has been a gorgeous, unparalleled paradise for the last week, of warm sun, cool breezes, striking sunsets, and a temporary ebbing of the inevitable grasp of misery that consumes us all.

So take that, ya fahckin queeahs.

I'll fuckin' remember dis shit when I'm on deh beach in January, snappahhead.

Quote from: Freeky on August 26, 2016, 05:54:28 AM
It's been really nice here, actually, because the temperature dropped to 93 F (34 C) this week, and I'm not even being facetious about it being a nice change.  Soooo much better.

Yeah, San Diego feels like San Diego again, and not Tucson. It's like somebody pulled the string on the sun and it lowered a bit. Just a bit, now, we can't be fucking greedy. 

In completely unrelated news, I just got drunk dialed by my best friend from high school who now lives in Lubbock. He says he's fine, and that he's the designated driver for the night.  :| He isn't fine. He only calls me at night when he's drunk and wants to talk random baseball stats. Now I'm fucking worried about him.

And then all human feelings I had were suddenly dashed when I saw a new mother complaining on Facebook about how she hates taking care of her baby and how it's literally the worst thing ever. Of course, I wasn't about to go into a diatribe about how mortal children do not spring fully grown from your vagina and walk right into fucking Harvard, and that next time she should use a fucking rubber, because everybody else beat me to the punch. That, and I didn't want to field the classic, "YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS SO YOU DON'T KNOOOOOWWWW" No, I don't know, but it's not exactly a secret that newborns take a considerable amount of work that she was clearly unprepared for. I especially liked the part where she bitched that her boyfriend wasn't home to help full-time like she was, because you know, he works.  Hopefully, she'll come out of the funk and have an enjoyable experience as a mother in due time, because I can only imagine how overwhelmed she is. I'd hate to have something happen to her, but at the same time, I also want to slap the shit out of her.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2016, 01:58:30 AM
I've considered setting fire to this building.  I mean, apart from the normal reasons.  I reckon it might actually be colder if I did that.
Signals point to contraband, that would explain da heat, and the subsequent chill.

Cain

Right, just need to write a cover letter, then I can send off this PhD application.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

And the rest of it's done now too.  I'll send it off tomorrow afternoon, 3 days ahead of the deadline.  Hopefully that way if there is any trouble (and there shouldn't be), it can be turned around and resolved quickly.