News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

I Write Like....

Started by Cramulus, July 13, 2010, 05:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Posted The Corporal's Tale from LOBB and got...

PAPA HEMINGWAY! 

WOOP WOOP!
\
:hammer:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

I want to make one of these now which doesn't return authors, but random figures from history, many of them monstrous.

GRATS, YOU WRITE LIKE POL POT.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Mangrove on March 30, 2014, 03:52:38 PM
David Foster Wallace

That's awesome, I got David Foster Wallace, too.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Telarus

Checked a couple of pieces and got James Joyce and H. P. Lovecraft.  :evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

The Good Reverend Roger.

...This thing is fucking rigged.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I write like William Gibson. Which is interesting since he's been recommended to me a few times.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Aucoq

I did four stories and got Stephen King, Rudyard Kipling, Oscar Wilde, and P. G. Wodehouse.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Sita

Quote from: Sita on March 26, 2014, 11:47:06 AM
Apparently I write like Stephen King.
Tried this again with two more pieces of writing: a fan-fic I did back in high school and my The Carnival piece.

The fan-fic gave me Stephen King again, but The Carnival gave me Cory Doctorow.

Never have read anything by Doctorow before and just realized I've been following him on Tumblr without realizing it. Need to see about finding a book or two by him now...
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

I got David Foster Wallace (who I'm completely unfamiliar with), for a brief I wrote about the Hamdi v. Rumsfeld decision.

The court opinion itself got FUCKING H.P. LOVECRAFT

:lol:
Back to the fecal matter in the pool