News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Wisdow or Weakness?

Started by Peterson Silva, August 18, 2007, 03:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterson Silva

Competing is important, winning is not. Do you believe this is a sentence saib by a good man, or by somebody who's not capable of winning, but still need to satisfy himself with competition, building some sort of mental "high heels" to make him forget about his weakness?

Well, I think Nietzsche would choose the second. Any Christian would choose the first. But is clear for me that putting Nietzsche against Christianity is not fair to Christians. But ir's interesting to ask this.

Maybe the focus on competition and not in the victory is already a beautiful mind shield against the the possibility of failure. The fact that we're ready to lose and accept it makes part of a society that's been forced to adapt itself to capitalism. For sure, if someone suceeds in some way, somebody has to lose and suffer in another. And the loser has to accept this with serenity, just with the "fair play" outlook.

And so what? I have not decided yet. Well, actually, I have. I choose some wisdom is this sentence. Because, after all, doesn't life need to be faced as if it were the art of playing games, and not a game itself (grayface)? Thaaaaaat's it, games are games. You win, you lose, what can you do?

Accepting is normal, but what I can't see is the game that happens involving the Machine (c), the Grayface game. And no way I'd mess up with that game. I choose the leave the Machine.

I'm thinkin about a way. I'll ask to go the bathroom.

Will the Machine lemme go?

_____

Hi there everybody! =D

This is a text I wrote in portuguese in my disc. cabal. So I translated it to you, what do you think about it?

I don't know if this idea has already been posted. So I'll ask sorry if I accidentally end up repeating content.

Hail Eris!
babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

Payne

:mittens:

I really like this bit:

Quote from: Rev. Peterson Cekemp on August 18, 2007, 03:51:01 AM

And so what? I have not decided yet. Well, actually, I have. I choose some wisdom is this sentence. Because, after all, doesn't life need to be faced as if it were the art of playing games, and not a game itself (grayface)? Thaaaaaat's it, games are games. You win, you lose, what can you do?

My thoughts:  I prefer to win. I fuckin HATE losing. At anything.

The best way to win when it seems you can't is to change the rules, usually without telling anyone. This could be called cheating, but from "their" side, it's called good government.

And winning should always be defined by what YOU think is a victory. Don't let anyone else tell you what is a victory, and what is a defeat.

Lies

Welcome my Portugal Pal.

Not a bad post, the English isn't perfect but the message does come across just fine... maybe if I can be bothered later I'll re-write it for you so if you want to publish it in future the cabbages will be able to understand it... might even stick it on my blog...

Keep up the good work. 
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Peterson Silva

...I really think from their side is called "good government"... But when you think that way, you end up as Nietzsche said. Take care to fight against monsters; you can become one of them

What do you think about it?

And thanks Lysergic. Actually, I'm from across the atlantic. I'm brazilian =D
babble babble bitch bitch rebel rebel party party sex sex sex and don't forget the violence blah blah blah get you lovey-dovey sad and lonely stick your stupid slogan in and everybody sing along

Triple Zero

ok what about the "breaking out" game? you know, the game of freedom, where you break out of a prison wall just to find yourself surrounded by another wall ..

it's a game you can't win, but a lot of people here would agree that the important part is 0) being aware of the game and 1) playing the game. because you're not going to win, ever.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mangrove

Don't worry about repeated content. Repost is the very lifeblood of this forum  :D
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Peterson Silva

If we never going to win, we do have to make our own mean of "victory", as Payne said. Sometimes I get boring with the quote thing, and by the way, as Nietzsche told us ( :mrgreen:), we have to create new values, although that is virtually impossible.

But I still do not agree with the "change the rules without telling anyone" thing

Lies

Quote from: Rev. Peterson Cekemp on August 20, 2007, 02:53:07 AM
But I still do not agree with the "change the rules without telling anyone" thing

But there are no rules, everywhere...
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Payne

Quote from: Rev. Peterson Cekemp on August 20, 2007, 02:53:07 AM
If we never going to win, we do have to make our own mean of "victory", as Payne said. Sometimes I get boring with the quote thing, and by the way, as Nietzsche told us ( :mrgreen:), we have to create new values, although that is virtually impossible.

:lulz:

Not telling anyone you have changed the rules is the FUN part though.

Certainly for me.

In any case, actions speak louder than words, as the saying goes. If you act to your own set of "rules", to achieve whatever result you are looking for, you are telling everyone in the most direct way possible that you have changed them to suit yourself.

Then it's up to them to figure it out for themselves.

You said earlier that life could (should?) be approached as the art of playing games, and not a game in itself.

Maybe my approach to these matters comes from the fact that I like to play dirty, nasty, bitter games, where proclaiming your "rules" can and will bite you in the ass.

It works for me.

Cain

Most games are horribly limited in their rules, anyway.  Like Poker, for example.  Or indeed, most forms of gambling.  Pseudo-chance systems, the lot of them.  Only within a very limited range is everything down to luck.  I prefer reality, it always contains the truly unexpected, somewhere along the line.

AFK

I dug this Rev. CK.  Great entry!  Look forward to more.   :D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.