News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Life in the Age of Dumb, Part 4: Federales don't joke.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 14, 2004, 07:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CannedLizard

I would say white slave trade (prostitution), but I think that would count as worse that weapons. Also I doubt they'd need to ship people south for that. Maybe it's just shipping criminals out, but is Mexico any safer? Maybe I'm just obsessed with making it a person in the coffin :|

Putting an "evil value" to things to try to compare them (weapons vs white slave trade vs drugs or whatever) is hard. Particularly with exchange rates. The rape of Abu Ghraib is worse in the Middle East than it is in western society, just as the beheading is worse here than it is there.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Guido Finucci

Quote from: CannedLizardThe rape of Abu Ghraib is worse in the Middle East than it is in western society, just as the beheading is worse here than it is there.

I might let you argue the first bit if you do it well but I ain't buying enough cultural relativity to let you get away with the second bit.

CannedLizard

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: CannedLizardThe rape of Abu Ghraib is worse in the Middle East than it is in western society, just as the beheading is worse here than it is there.

I might let you argue the first bit if you do it well but I ain't buying enough cultural relativity to let you get away with the second bit.

I do have to admit that these aren't my own ideas. I paraphrased them from an Iraqi blog. To quote the paragraph I took it from:

QuoteI think beheading was the chosen method of 'execution' because the group wanted to shock Americans and westerners in the worst possible way. The torturers at Abu Ghraib and other prisons chose sexual degradation because they knew that nothing would hurt and appall Iraqis and Muslims more than those horrible, sadistic acts. To Iraqis, death is infinitely better than being raped or sexually abused. There are things worse than death itself and those pictures portrayed them.

I'm not trying to say that Iraqis are all desensitized to violence, but when you live in a war-zone, violence becomes almost common. To them, sexual humiliation was far worse than violence.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: CannedLizardI do have to admit that these aren't my own ideas. I paraphrased them from an Iraqi blog.

This says that the Iraqis think rape is worse than death, not that Iraqis think that rape is worse than Americans think rape is and that Americans think beheading is worse than the Iraqis think it is (which is IMO a fair paraphrase of what you said).

As just about any prisoner held captive by the people that they hate the most and I'd bet they'd say that they would choose a quick death with dignity over a life spent being raped and tortured in prison with no determined end. Just a wild guess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CannedLizardI do have to admit that these aren't my own ideas. I paraphrased them from an Iraqi blog.

This says that the Iraqis think rape is worse than death, not that Iraqis think that rape is worse than Americans think rape is and that Americans think beheading is worse than the Iraqis think it is (which is IMO a fair paraphrase of what you said).

As just about any prisoner held captive by the people that they hate the most and I'd bet they'd say that they would choose a quick death with dignity over a life spent being raped and tortured in prison with no determined end. Just a wild guess.

Both are barbaric.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

gnimbley

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Both are barbaric.

And both could happen to you in a Mexican prison, I would imagine, Rog.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbley

Both are barbaric.

Heh.  Nope.  I understand those people (convicts).

I'll just toss someone smaller to them.

Sucks, but Darwin takes no prisoners.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

gnimbley

Both are barbaric.

Heh.  Nope.  I understand those people (convicts).

Sucks, but Darwin takes no prisoners.

There's always someone bigger than you, Rog.

Guido Finucci

You don't need to be biggest, you just to not be smallest. Much like running away from the tiger, you don't need to be fastest, you just need to not be slowest.

CannedLizard

Ah, everything that you think that could be smuggled between Mexico and the US would be going Mexico to US. Except one thing. The thing that pays for the smuggling.

My bet is that it was a coffin full of dinero.

Malaul

Dinero?
HE DIED?!?

OH gods, poor Robert

thats so sad!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Penumbral

Not true!
have you seen this man???

Penumbral

Anyway this had me laughing soooooooo hard halfway through it.
I don't care what it was. anyhow I cant find the harisys 2 and 3 wher are they or do they exsist.

Bella

I found #2 and bumped it up to the top again.
Haven't found #3 yet.
Nothing has been deleted from this forum, so if it was here, then it's still here.

Somewhere.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here