News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

So, I just spent the last 3 hours dealing with a, in the words of the fire brigade officer I spoke to, "malicious act of vandalism".

Said act resulted in me having to rush into a series of clusters of flats, all of them full (as in, zero visibility) of chemically treated fire extinguisher dust, while evacuating students, then, after that, running around a building while shouting at the top of my voice.

As a consequence, my voice has a certain....gravelly quality at the moment.  In addition to that, I'm wheezing, coughing, suffering headaches and stomach pain.  I also missed out on all but 10 minutes of my break, meaning I worked a full overnight 12 hour shift and now I am "off duty", I am currently writing up a report to ensure that the little shit responsible for all this gets hit hard by the school discipline system (which, despite the many faults of this school, does seem to exist).

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 01, 2015, 07:27:58 AM
So, I just spent the last 3 hours dealing with a, in the words of the fire brigade officer I spoke to, "malicious act of vandalism".

Said act resulted in me having to rush into a series of clusters of flats, all of them full (as in, zero visibility) of chemically treated fire extinguisher dust, while evacuating students, then, after that, running around a building while shouting at the top of my voice.

As a consequence, my voice has a certain....gravelly quality at the moment.  In addition to that, I'm wheezing, coughing, suffering headaches and stomach pain.  I also missed out on all but 10 minutes of my break, meaning I worked a full overnight 12 hour shift and now I am "off duty", I am currently writing up a report to ensure that the little shit responsible for all this gets hit hard by the school discipline system (which, despite the many faults of this school, does seem to exist).

What the motherfucking shit?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cain has not lit them all on fire yet, and therefore is a shoe in for sainthood.

Cain

Just wrote up my statement.

Fortunately, I was going to do some overtime tonight anyway, so I don't really need to go to sleep early (shift time: 0045-0715)....but if I wasn't....

Well, I'm not exactly impressed with this school anyway, at the moment.  Omnishambles would be a good way to describe their overall "approach" to, well, boarding, accomodation, welfare, the national minimum requirements and associated legislation, pay, leave, benefits etc.  So if this student doesn't get severely punished, it's no big deal.  I'm basically on the lowest rung of responsibility in the boarding house, and I have absolutely no problems just doing my job to the letter of the law until my degree is finished and I can find a nice PhD program somewhere.  Until then, its just wasting time and making money (and to be honest, I work about 7 hours of the 12 hour shift most nights anyway)

Payne

I have decided to set my computer up on a table in my front room - rather than on the coffee table where I can't really comfortably use the keyboard or the mouse.

I hope that these boring and uninteresting changes in my until now undescribed furniture arrangements will boost my ability to actually focus long enough to both read and occasionally respond to a forum.

I fear it may just unlock (by eldritch patterns mis-serendipitously arranged by my inner warlock) the wrath of a thousand thousand daemons who have been bound beneath the very earth upon which my personal tin can has been placed.

As a man of science I believe the latter to be far more likely...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on February 01, 2015, 04:31:16 PM
I have decided to set my computer up on a table in my front room - rather than on the coffee table where I can't really comfortably use the keyboard or the mouse.

I hope that these boring and uninteresting changes in my until now undescribed furniture arrangements will boost my ability to actually focus long enough to both read and occasionally respond to a forum.

I fear it may just unlock (by eldritch patterns mis-serendipitously arranged by my inner warlock) the wrath of a thousand thousand daemons who have been bound beneath the very earth upon which my personal tin can has been placed.

Well Cainad just started a new project, so you're right on time.
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 01, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

Cool.

Does it involve weasels and pance, or does it have to be adapted to accommodate them?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on February 01, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 01, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

Cool.

Does it involve weasels and pance, or does it have to be adapted to accommodate them?

I think that's going to be required.  At least in my end of things.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, I have a week-long assignment starting Monday.

IN PHEONIX.   :argh!:
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 01, 2015, 06:03:41 PM

You work for some twisted, soulless, bastards.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They could have just TOLD you they hate you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Welcome back, Payne!

Payne

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2015, 07:19:32 PM

Welcome back, Payne!

Why hello there!

:eek:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 01, 2015, 07:19:08 PM

They could have just TOLD you they hate you.

It's okay.  I have to poop on people.  In Sheriff Joe's stomping grounds.
Molon Lube

Cain

Place computer on floor.

Put shoe on head.

This is the only correct method.