News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

ATTN PD.COM: I'm losing it

Started by Cait M. R., December 08, 2009, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaudeville Vigilante

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 05:15:30 PM
It's true.  Quantum Mechanics is basically just trolling the Universe.
This made me  :D

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 09, 2009, 05:07:21 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 09, 2009, 05:03:31 PM
My home is not a staging ground to satiate other people's prurient curiosity.

Except for potential lovers, of course.

No.

They do not come to my house until they are established lovers. All prurient curiosity takes place in neutral territory.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on December 09, 2009, 06:24:26 PM
It's never occurred to me to have anyone come to my house and try to research it. I hate people. I especially hate strangers. Why the hell would I do that? I could give a flying fuck whether anything gets documented, proved, or measured.

Umm... because one million dollars, thas why....

What do you mean? Isn't that for someone who can prove psychic phenomena? How does this relate?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on December 09, 2009, 09:00:55 PM
Am I the only one who sees it as a giant hermit crab materializing on top of the mountain

WHOA

New religion, ITT.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 10, 2009, 06:22:55 PM
It's never occurred to me to have anyone come to my house and try to research it. I hate people. I especially hate strangers. Why the hell would I do that? I could give a flying fuck whether anything gets documented, proved, or measured.

What do you mean? Isn't that for someone who can prove psychic phenomena? How does this relate?

Oh.... mebbe.  i was thinking it was for providing proof of anything 'paranormal' or 'supernatural'...  i thought i saw him mention it when debunking somebodies ghost...
perhaps i'm mistaken.
but never the less, if you could document your case, i would image you could bridge the gap to 'step3 - profit' without too much effort, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on December 10, 2009, 07:26:00 PM

Oh.... mebbe.  i was thinking it was for providing proof of anything 'paranormal' or 'supernatural'...  i thought i saw him mention it when debunking somebodies ghost...
perhaps i'm mistaken.
but never the less, if you could document your case, i would image you could bridge the gap to 'step3 - profit' without too much effort, right?

You think that if I can record/document 30 seconds of a weird sound that happens once a year in the middle of the night at the end of October, I can make money off it?
:lulz:

I don't even have any reason to think it's documentable. If I remember to stay in the living room next year, I'll make note of the time and date so that I can try to record it the following year.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 10, 2009, 09:30:14 PM

perhaps i'm mistaken.

You think that if I can record/document 30 seconds of a weird sound that happens once a year in the middle of the night at the end of October, I can make money off it?
I don't even have any reason to think it's documentable. If I remember to stay in the living room next year, I'll make note of the time and date so that I can try to record it the following year.

Why not?
get it documented by some paranormal researcher that has some respectability within that circle of ppl, and then, if they validate it, you can charge others to study it, or mebbe sell rights to those ridiculous ghost hunter shows.....
or at least you could get some twin psychic stripper ghost-hunter to come investigate and report back... that would be worth something, right?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iptuous on December 10, 2009, 11:03:38 PM

perhaps i'm mistaken.

Why not?
get it documented by some paranormal researcher that has some respectability within that circle of ppl, and then, if they validate it, you can charge others to study it, or mebbe sell rights to those ridiculous ghost hunter shows.....
or at least you could get some twin psychic stripper ghost-hunter to come investigate and report back... that would be worth something, right?

Unfortunately the local ghost-hunter is NOT HOT.

I was talking to him about my ghosts a couple of years ago, and he wanted to come check it out. Maybe I'll let him.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 11, 2009, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: Iptuous on December 10, 2009, 11:03:38 PM

perhaps i'm mistaken.

Why not?

Unfortunately the local ghost-hunter is NOT HOT.

I was talking to him about my ghosts a couple of years ago, and he wanted to come check it out. Maybe I'll let him.

how much do you think he would pay to see it?

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.