News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Faust on July 18, 2014, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: The Suu on July 18, 2014, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 18, 2014, 04:25:11 AM
I'm a weird food eater.  Love me some tripe.  Love me fish heads.  Love me livers, hearts, and chicken feet.

The reason I've given haggi a pass is that it's sold as "oatmeal and parts in stomach" which I hear as "coppery blandness with the texture of cat food" which simply doesnt appeal.

Are there spices or herbs of any kind used?

Black pepper. A metric shit ton of it.
I could eat a old tyre with enough black pepper.

It would probably still taste better than haggis.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Fresh haggis is fantastic.  Any other kind of haggis is an abomination.

Twid seems to be the only one ITT who has actually had haggis, and not some kind of offal abomination, because he knows it tastes spicy.  And that's because there is a ton of seasoning and spices already present in haggis.  Oatmeal, onions, nutmeg, sea salt, black pepper, parsley, thyme, sage and mace at minimum.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on July 18, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

Twid seems to be the only one ITT who has actually had haggis, and not some kind of offal abomination, because he knows it tastes spicy.  And that's because there is a ton of seasoning and spices already present in haggis.  Oatmeal, onions, nutmeg, sea salt, black pepper, parsley, thyme, sage and mace at minimum.
See when you put it like that it sounds tasty. My aunt made it once, it smelt disgusting but she didn't put in any of that.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

When done properly, it is pretty delicious.  I mean, it's not bacon or anything, but it's certainly less bland than chicken or fish.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on July 18, 2014, 03:07:21 PM
When done properly, it is pretty delicious.  I mean, it's not bacon or anything, but it's certainly less bland than chicken or fish.

Boiled or plain roasted chicken is pretty unpleasant as well. It doesn't take much to make it nice though because its a neutral flavour, generally if I do chicken breast and I'm in a rush I just wrap it in tinfoil with thyme, oregano and pepper and it tastes pretty good then.

Haggis has an unfairly bad reputation, prepared properly theres no reason the meat wouldn't taste good, compared to the likes of lets say a turduken which to me is beyond saving.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Faust on July 18, 2014, 03:12:02 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 18, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

Boiled or plain roasted chicken is pretty unpleasant as well. It doesn't take much to make it nice though because its a neutral flavour, generally if I do chicken breast and I'm in a rush I just wrap it in tinfoil with thyme, oregano and pepper and it tastes pretty good then.

Haggis has an unfairly bad reputation, prepared properly theres no reason the meat wouldn't taste good, compared to the likes of lets say a turduken which to me is beyond saving.
Hey now, don't go insulting the taste of chicken. Just because good chicken is hard to find does not mean that all chicken tastes like slightly chewier snot.
:horrormirth: Urp, nauseated myself. can't finish post.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 18, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

I've had haggis. I've had good haggis and bad haggis. Good haggis is delicious, but again, I like organ meats.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: von on July 18, 2014, 01:18:30 AM
This thread is now making me wonder what lung tissue's texture is like. I picturing something like a cross between clams and mushrooms.
I wonder how lung would go as a replacement for pork in gyoza? Hmmm....

It's kind of tender and crumbly, when done well. Pretty tasty.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: The Suu on July 11, 2014, 03:06:57 AM
The shit I miss when I actually put in a full day's work. What the fuck crawled up LuciferX's ass to post such a thing?
It was from the Wikipedia racism page, discuss.

minuspace

And then the guard reference was from "The Trial".  Go figure, this fall guy is now going to a new screening of The Departed.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

You know, I had been feeling seriously BAD about how everything went down 2 months ago.  So I decided to look back and see if I had been unreasonable.

Funny thing is, I missed the middle of this thread, because I had flounced.  So I'm reading through it and I learned a few things about myself.

1.  I am a "white knight".  It is not possible that I did things out of principle, but because I am apparently some kind of tribly-wearing asshole. 

2.  I always operate from the very worst motives possible.

3.  I have been "friends" for years with at least three people who despise me as something slightly less developed than a flatworm.

So, yeah.  Having read through pages 6-9 or so of this thread, I am now glad Nigel and Faust aren't speaking to me, because I wouldn't want to speak to anyone who feels toward me the way they do.  I am sorry I wasted my time with the parable today, and I am sorry I wasted so many years associating with people who think that I am some sort of fucking Hitler-esque dictator/pathetic worm...And in any case, not an actual person.

Easily fixed.  We'll just keep doing things the way we've been doing them for the last 10 weeks.  I don't ever want to speak to either one of them, ever again in this lifetime, for any reason whatsoever.

Jesus, I am fucking embarrassed to have been such a fucking stooge.  I am a fucking CHUMP, sometimes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Delcon on September 16, 2014, 04:02:02 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 16, 2014, 03:19:10 AM
I am some sort of fucking Hitler-esque dictator/pathetic worm.

And conveniently, Delcon shows up.  Amazing.   :lulz:

Your timing is amazing.  Suspiciously so.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Almost as if someone had a vested interest in either making things worse (a waste of time at this point), or of astroturfing, which I find far more likely (though kind of silly and overkill by now).

Edit:  IP resolves to something even funnier.  Do carry on.   :lulz:

Edit:  Checks out.  That is some Hugh & Eldora level shit, right there.  Be proud.