News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

To what extent is your world-view based on forgeries?

Started by ivan, March 22, 2015, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

Quote from: LuciferX on April 29, 2015, 11:32:50 AM
QuoteWhat's the difference between an original bill, a replica, and an Andy Warhol?

Yes
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

MMIX

Quote from: MMIX on April 29, 2015, 05:17:57 PM
QuoteWhat's the difference between an original bill, a replica, and an Andy Warhol?

Yes

:oops: Sorry, Yes is the answer to "What's the difference between an original bill, a replica, and an Andy Warhol?"
The difference is No, there is no difference in principle between these three items.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MMIX

LMNO

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 29, 2015, 05:33:48 PM
It all defaults to MAIN.

Militarism, Alliances, Imperialism and Nationalism??? (acronym for remembering the causes of WW I)
or something else.
If else then unpack please

LMNO

MMIX

minuspace

Quote from: MMIX on April 29, 2015, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: MMIX on April 29, 2015, 05:17:57 PM

Yes

:oops: Sorry, Yes is the answer to "What's the difference between an original bill, a replica, and an Andy Warhol?"
The difference is No, there is no difference in principle between these three items.
Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2015, 05:18:30 PM
Pricetag
Then that meaningful difference between things is understood as the price exacted by their respective rates of exchange...  Wait...  I see what we just did there...

minuspace

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 02, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2015, 11:42:27 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on April 01, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
But some viewers of Stargate:SG1 believe that the pyramids are early Earth civilization attempts to imitate Goa'uld Ha'tak motherships.

Lets not jump to any hasty conclusions here.

If Startate is involved, I say we should jump to conclusions as fast as possible. Except for the seasons after Richard Dean Anderson left.

This is very true, especially the last part.

If you want to talk about fabricated history, I vote the existence of Stargate: Universe.  Complete fabrication, never happened.

Frankly, it's an embarassment that anyone believed it in the first place.
Really, don't you see, it's just all a simulation :lulz:

minuspace

Quote from: MMIX on April 29, 2015, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 29, 2015, 05:33:48 PM
It all defaults to MAIN.

Militarism, Alliances, Imperialism and Nationalism??? (acronym for remembering the causes of WW I)
or something else.
If else then unpack please

I keep having trouble with the "A", making all my ties seem like lies,  antsy allegiances, or something.

MMIX

More than tangentially related to some of the shit I was thinking when I replied upthread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDE4VX_9Kk John Berger Ways of Seeing on the Beeb back in the 70's

minuspace

Quote from: MMIX on April 30, 2015, 06:36:46 PM
More than tangentially related to some of the shit I was thinking when I replied upthread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pDE4VX_9Kk John Berger Ways of Seeing on the Beeb back in the 70's

Checking that out - my inspiration was probably R.A.W. And Karl Hess: Subversion for Fun...  It's also on YouTube - can't pull the link tho.

[Ed.  Finished first episode - so cool - had flitted past the series before b/c idunno, so glad for the recommendation - perfect for me right now]

MMIX

Quote from: LuciferX on May 01, 2015, 02:20:28 AM
Quote from: MMIX on April 30, 2015, 06:36:46 PM

Checking that out - my inspiration was probably R.A.W. And Karl Hess: Subversion for Fun...  It's also on YouTube - can't pull the link tho.

Cool. I know what I'm going to watch in the morning then.

ETA Wow its really freaky to have a talking head suddenly drop an example you've been thinking about for a few hours.
Also glad you are enjoying the Berger. I vaguely remember it from when it was first broadcast and then had the book on a university reading list back when. You have no idea how cool that guy was back in the day.