News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Portuguese Chourico and Peppers

Started by Suu, August 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm doing this today, it's in the crock pot as we speak...

2lbs of chourico, I slice it, but a lot of people will remove the casing and crumble it.
2 green peppers, chopped
2 sweet onions, chopped and peeled
2 tbsp of crushed garlic
1 can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
1 cup of red wine.

...Throw it all in a crock pot for 8 hours on low.

Done.

Though my current batch is almost twice as big and I have to cook it in half the time. Should be fine though as long as I monitor the temps.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Doing this tomorrow.  YUM.

ETA: what do you serve this with, by the way?  Bread?  Rice?

I served it on a roll like a sammich.

Jenne

Who's frungle? :lol:  I am thinkin' sourdough bread, so sounds perfect.

Suu

Frungle is GS's lurker account.

As for bread, sourdough will work, but if you have access to good Portuguese sweet bread or a flaky Cuban bread would be your best option. It has to be a white bread.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

Yeah, no access to the Portuguee or Cubano--but I did have some fresh sourdough!  I also sub'd beer for wine.  Turned out REALLY delicious!  I put a dollop of plain yogurt on top, and boy it was awesome!

Jenne

Yeah, no access to the Portuguee or Cubano--but I did have some fresh sourdough!  I also sub'd beer for wine.  Turned out REALLY delicious!  I put a dollop of plain yogurt on top, and boy it was awesome!