Wiping Ass

Started by UB, June 09, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on June 10, 2014, 05:45:45 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 10, 2014, 05:05:46 PM
Quote from: Luna on June 10, 2014, 04:36:24 PM
Damn, what a charmer.

One day, I will do a research paper on what makes people walk into forums for no purpose but to be an utter asshat.

They're scared, got picked last for dodgeball, and want a friend. But too many hits to the head with the dodgeball have convinced them that nothing good comes of acting like a human being. It's braying donkey spraying carrot-flecked spittle in your coffee or GTFO!

I wish they'd just skip to the GTFO part.

Okay so I read that as "Dogeball" Very target, much avoid, so duck  :lulz:

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:46:21 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on June 10, 2014, 05:45:45 PM
Damn, what a charmer.

One day, I will do a research paper on what makes people walk into forums for no purpose but to be an utter asshat.

They're scared, got picked last for dodgeball, and want a friend. But too many hits to the head with the dodgeball have convinced them that nothing good comes of acting like a human being. It's braying donkey spraying carrot-flecked spittle in your coffee or GTFO!

Okay so I read that as "Dogeball" Very target, much avoid, so duck  :lulz:

:lulz:

Hehehehehe!!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 05:07:43 PM
I think we're being a little rough.

Inge is stuck in a narrative.  Specifically, that constant and meaningless confrontation is a sign of strength, that insults and/or snide putdowns are a replacement for civility.

Possible.  Will wait to see if she learns to balance on her hind legs.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

I'm having Rhombus flashbacks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on June 10, 2014, 07:19:26 PM
I'm having Rhombus flashbacks.

Rhombus was totally different, I think. Rhombus was a proto-Social Justice Warrior that couldn't even get THAT right.

Inge isn't nearly as bad.  Just senselessly confrontational, which is merely tedious.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on June 10, 2014, 06:55:59 PM

Inge is stuck in a narrative.  Specifically, that constant and meaningless confrontation is a sign of strength, that insults and/or snide putdowns are a replacement for civility.

Possible.  Will wait to see if she learns to balance on her hind legs.

I hope so.  She seems smart in all other ways.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Damn, what a charmer.

Thy have a misconception of the dynamics on certain internet forums, is my guess, so they approach them like high-school kids thinking that the person who puts on the toughest front will earn the most respect. It's that whole "I'm a badass and I'll take on the baddest motherfucker in your gang to show you" thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Damn, what a charmer.

Heh, maybe that's it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's a childish narrative.

If you think we're being a little rough, I'll back off, but I would like to point out that we're only giving her what she demanded.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

If you think we're being a little rough, I'll back off, but I would like to point out that we're only giving her what she demanded.

Yes, it is a childish narrative.  And you are most certainly correct.  However, it can at some point be too late for my current approach, but it is NEVER too late for a bucket of GIGGLES.

I am just trying to look at options, here.  Besides, you ALWAYS get to play good cop.   :lol:

Cainad (dec.)

I'm kind of seeing flashbacks to my own behavior, in my early days on PD. But I was like, 16.

After all this time in the company of freaks, I manage to walk on two legs and even still have most of my organs. And I owe it all to the messy balance of patience and verbal ass-beating doled out by this board.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 08:15:01 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 08:07:12 PM

Yes, it is a childish narrative.  And you are most certainly correct.  However, it can at some point be too late for my current approach, but it is NEVER too late for a bucket of GIGGLES.

I am just trying to look at options, here.  Besides, you ALWAYS get to play good cop.   :lol:

:lol: It's true. This is a little disorienting, being in the other chair.

UB

Im just going to be reading now.

Maybe there is a lot of self-evasive reflective reasoning going on.  *dunno*

One thing for sure, though...  no one else here jiggy dances like a lady at a nightclub I once met.

:)

Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.

hooplala

The thing is... do we care?

If you or Nigel or LMNO or Junkenstein or Gohira or Pent were stuck in a narrative, I would have some reason to attempt to try to coax you out... but when this is the way someone presents themself off the bat, who gives a shit to try?  Next.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

UB

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2014, 10:55:17 PM

The thing is... do we care?

If you or Nigel or LMNO or Junkenstein or Gohira or Pent were stuck in a narrative, I would have some reason to attempt to try to coax you out... but when this is the way someone presents themself off the bat, who gives a shit to try?  Next.

I couldn't even pretend to know.

Within the grip of Err.... some are fucked in the head by a fist of fire.