News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Moments where your government managed to embarrass even YOU.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 18, 2008, 06:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 19, 2008, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 19, 2008, 02:06:31 PM
Gitmo.

Waterboarding.

The Patriot Act.

Homeland Security.

New Orleans.

Declaring victory in Iraq.

Every time Bush steps up to a microphone.

Donald Rumsfeld.

War on Terror

Jeff Gannon

Alberto Gonzalez

Domestic Wiretapping

Swift-Boating

And of course, this.

Abu Grahib.

The amount of deaths in Afghan military prisons that have taken place while "interrogating" the "enemy combatants" who were just militants snowed by Al Qaeda.

Have we found Bin Laden yet?

WMDs in Iraq--NOT

AQ back in Afghanistan a mere 5 years (or less) after 9/11

The fact we're still in Iraq and fucked it up beyond all recognition

The way Sadaam was executed

the fact McCain is saying we might be in Iraq for another 100 years, and people seem "just fine" with that

the trend that being against your government makes you a traitor, not a true patriot

Kyoto Treaty and our lack of signage

Gore lost and yet he's still a better president than Bush ever will be

Dumbass Hillary doesn't get it--gtfo, bitch, and let Obama have a clear field (though I still think it's cool the process is going on like this since it's rare, it's still frustrating)

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jenne on May 21, 2008, 04:32:36 PM

That part was actually funny.

Quotethe fact McCain is saying we might be in Iraq for another 100 years, and people seem "just fine" with that
He actually back-pedaled on that recently and said 2013 instead.  Not that it'll matter since the world is gonna end in 2012.   :fnord:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 21, 2008, 05:36:23 PM

That part was actually funny.

Quotethe fact McCain is saying we might be in Iraq for another 100 years, and people seem "just fine" with that
He actually back-pedaled on that recently and said 2013 instead.  Not that it'll matter since the world is gonna end in 2012.   :fnord:

Yeah, I had issues with how Sadaam's execution was played out.  Found it bullshit, in 2 ways--they tried to make it seem all "official" and state-run, when really in the end it was just pathetic and sad.  He either deserved to be hung by his balls or a true stately affair, not some jacked up shit in between.  Made the US look like major assholes, but then, we typically are.

McCain backpedalled because of the media furor, not public furor.  Pretty fucking sad.  And the media was just stirring shit--they love that kind of lail, after all.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Yes, but its better for him to lie and say we'll majickly escape as soon as he becomes Prezitator....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

McCain backpedalled because of the media furor, not public furor.  Pretty fucking sad.  And the media was just stirring shit--they love that kind of lail, after all.

I hate to tell you this, but McCain didn't say we'd be fighting for 100 years, he was saying that, much like in Korea, et al, we might have to keep a military presence in Iraq.

What, you think if the Dems pull the troops out next year, they won't station some troops off the coast for the indefinite future?

Hey, I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER.  But there are much better ways to slam on McCain than to take him out of context and misrepresent his words.

Jenne

Oh whatever, he should've known BETTER than to say Iraq and 100 years in the same fucking sentence.

And I'll slam motherfucking McCain anyway I please, kthxbyeeeeeee.  Fucker is on a sucker ticket.

Cain

Keeping a military presence in Iraq beyond that needed to safeguard American embassy personnel = keeping the fighting going for 100 years

e

If Barack Obama is elected, he will go back in time and stop the war before it began.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on May 21, 2008, 06:48:12 PM
If Barack Obama is elected, he will go back in time and stop the war before it began.

Nah, he'll wave the magic wand and bring our boys home and Iraq will be happy and there will be flowers and candy and sausages and CHANGE!

OR

We'll still be there come next election

OR

We'll pull out and more Hell will break loose

OR

McCain will win and almost exactly the same damn thing will happen.

Jenne

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on May 21, 2008, 06:48:12 PM

Wasn't there a fread here that did that whole Chuck Norris thing with Obama?

Cain

It'll take roughly 3 years to properly organize a withdrawal.  At best, the first major wind down will take 18 months, according to my reading.

However, the sooner the policymakers realize little beats nationalistically grounded insurgencies (barring genocide) and get on with planning that instead of setting unreasonable goals and ludicrous targets for security, the better.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on May 21, 2008, 06:56:09 PM
It'll take roughly 3 years to properly organize a withdrawal.  At best, the first major wind down will take 18 months, according to my reading.

However, the sooner the policymakers realize little beats nationalistically grounded insurgencies (barring genocide) and get on with planning that instead of setting unreasonable goals and ludicrous targets for security, the better.

:mittens: