News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Oops, my bad.

Started by East Coast Hustle, June 22, 2009, 03:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

So I was leaving Marden's with the first brand-new pair of Jordans I've ever owned in my life when I noticed two little old ladies sitting at a table just outside the doors.

They were collecting signatures in an effort to get a proposition on the ballot to repeal the recently-passed law that allows gay marriage in Maine.

As offensive and disgusting as this would have been to me anyway, it was made worse by the fact that one of the ladies was, well, ethnic. I don't know if she was latina or mulatto or what, but 50 years ago she would have been riding in the back of the bus and drinking from a separate water fountain. And she was old enough that she may have, at some point in her life, had to do exactly that. Some people are awfully quick to inflict on others the miseries that were ,until fairly recently, inflicted on them.

As I was headed towards them to deliver an angry and hung-over rant about how their bigotry was an affront to human decency (I know there's no such thing but it makes for good oratory), I had a better idea.

I walked across the parking lot to the nearby Coffee Express stand and bought myself a large black coffee, scalding hot.

Then I walked back to the two old ladies and their table and asked if I could sign their petition.

As I took the pen and bent over to sign, I "accidentally" knocked over my cup of coffee, spilling it all over their table.

As near as I can tell, I completely ruined at least 6 full pages of signatures.

Oops. My bad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

One of them was outside Hannaford's last weekend when my daughter and I were getting the groceries.  And yeah, since I had my daughter I didn't really want to cause a scene, but then, it started raining anyway so I think a lot of her signatures got washed out. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

ECH, I salute you for choosing the effective over the spectacle.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 22, 2009, 03:50:39 PM
So I was leaving Marden's with the first brand-new pair of Jordans I've ever owned in my life when I noticed two little old ladies sitting at a table just outside the doors.

They were collecting signatures in an effort to get a proposition on the ballot to repeal the recently-passed law that allows gay marriage in Maine.

As offensive and disgusting as this would have been to me anyway, it was made worse by the fact that one of the ladies was, well, ethnic. I don't know if she was latina or mulatto or what, but 50 years ago she would have been riding in the back of the bus and drinking from a separate water fountain. And she was old enough that she may have, at some point in her life, had to do exactly that. Some people are awfully quick to inflict on others the miseries that were ,until fairly recently, inflicted on them.

As I was headed towards them to deliver an angry and hung-over rant about how their bigotry was an affront to human decency (I know there's no such thing but it makes for good oratory), I had a better idea.

I walked across the parking lot to the nearby Coffee Express stand and bought myself a large black coffee, scalding hot.

Then I walked back to the two old ladies and their table and asked if I could sign their petition.

As I took the pen and bent over to sign, I "accidentally" knocked over my cup of coffee, spilling it all over their table.

As near as I can tell, I completely ruined at least 6 full pages of signatures.

Oops. My bad.

:mittens:

Well done.

Suu

Some folks hypocrisy know no bounds.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on June 22, 2009, 03:58:16 PM
ECH, I salute you for choosing the effective over the spectacle.

IAWTC!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Sir Squid Diddimus

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Iason Ouabache

:mittens:

Bra-fucking-vo!  That was fucking brilliant!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Adios

ECH is a warrior in the gay revolution!

Or better said in the civil rights revolution. Well done sir.

Cain

People underestimate the usefulness of a well aimed cup of coffee and its knock on effects on paperwork.

Bravo.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on June 22, 2009, 05:05:49 PM
People underestimate the usefulness of a well aimed cup of coffee and its knock on effects on paperwork.

Bravo.

Guerrilla Warfare in the Cubicle Jungle 
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Richter

:lulz:  Well played, sir.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

If I was wearing a hat, I would tip it to you, sir.

Telarus

Intermittens material ITT.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!