News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Dok's New-Style Discordianism Without Godless Hippies

Started by Doktor Howl, September 02, 2011, 07:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on September 02, 2011, 07:58:28 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on September 02, 2011, 07:49:14 PM
If one needs to qualify "their discoria" with terms then they're simply doing it wrong by insisting it one way or another.

Only through the balancing and un-balancing between the eternal push-pull of the Hodge and the Podge does Discordia reveal itself.

FUCK BALANCE IN THE FACE WITH A STICK

PUUUUUURGE!!!

This is correct.  Discordia is all about careening out of control, not some Buddhist nonsense about "balance".
Molon Lube

Dimocritus

Clarification: I never implyed discordia required balance. I simply stated that the relative pushing/pulling of order/disorder is the observable manifistation of discordia.

Jerks.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dimocritus on September 02, 2011, 08:20:48 PM
Clarification: I never implyed discordia required balance. I simply stated that the relative pushing/pulling of order/disorder is the observable manifistation of discordia.

We need to knock it right over.  One way or the other, I don't care.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2011, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 02, 2011, 07:57:22 PM
WE MUST CLEANSE WITH FIRE

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THESE HERETICS ANY LONGER!!! IT IS A HOLY WAR!

I, for one, will not allow The War on April Fools Day to go unanswered.

Nor will I tolerate any further interference in my faith from Godless heathens and wishy-washy so-called "chaos magickians".

THEY MUST BE DESTROYED.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2011, 08:22:20 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on September 02, 2011, 08:20:48 PM

We need to knock it right over.  One way or the other, I don't care.

Now THERE'S a plan I can get behind. No idealism necessary!  :fnord:
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

CorbeauEtRenard

I just don't understand any form of Discordia that isn't about fucking around and getting a good laugh out of it.

Talking about RAW is fine, as long as there's fucking around and getting a good laugh out of it involved.

The turkey curse is fine, as long as it involves fucking around and getting a good laugh out of it.

(Which actually is still feasible for me since the closest I've ever come to another Discordian doing stuff around here is a guy some of my friends know who was in the next city over briefly and left before I found out about him. Oh, and one time I got an "All hail Discordia!" back when I yelled "Hail Eris" at a large group of people. I think the number of people I know that even knew of Discordia before it came up in conversation somehow could be counted without using a second decimal place.)

Coming up with new stuff is great, but only as long as it involves fucking around and getting a good laugh out of it.

Hippies can hippy it up in the name of Discordia all they want. I don't care. But if they're not funny on their own, they're liable to get the image they're trying to project about their "Discordia" fucked around with for the laughter of others.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You, newbie with a motorcycle, are missing one crucial point in Today's Discordja:

TO  THE  WALL.

CorbeauEtRenard

Yeah, so far that's my biggest weakness.

I'm working on "OFF THE COUCH." still.  :oops:

But today I had the realization that I'm part of the proverbial forces that are aligning quietly and I'm damn well gonna do my part and have a laugh doing it.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Triple Zero

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on September 03, 2011, 05:53:40 AM
I just don't understand any form of Discordia that isn't about fucking around and getting a good laugh out of it.

Goddamn, I can't find anything in this statement to disagree with. That's quite impressive :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Epimetheus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
telling it like it is "will drive away new members". 

I don't even see how this is a bad thing. Fuck 'em.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

BadBeast

Little bits of froth forming at the corners of your mouth, Dok.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on September 04, 2011, 09:01:55 AM

No, you THINK that's froth, but it's not.  It's fucking TOOTHPASTE1.  When I start frothing, you'll KNOW IT.

1  For you Brits...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothpaste
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 05, 2011, 04:12:39 AM
Quote from: BadBeast on September 04, 2011, 09:01:55 AM

No, you THINK that's froth, but it's not.  It's fucking TOOTHPASTE1.  When I start frothing, you'll KNOW IT.

1  For you Brits...  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothpaste
Ha! I wondered what it was called. Never needed to know really, because
free Dentistry is part of our free Healthcare package. That we get FREE, just for being so fucking awesome and British. All you get free from your Government in that respect, is water that's 30% fluoride, and Fundies with nice shiny, plaque free brains.

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4