News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: I see you've come to PD. I too like to live dangerously

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, April 28, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Oh god, Ratatosk and PurpleEris are posting cartoons of themselves to their facebook feed.

Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstoppleasemakeitstop.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 10, 2014, 11:00:12 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 10, 2014, 04:19:30 PM
Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 10, 2014, 04:15:57 PM
Not really relevant to anything here, but it finally dawned on me that friends who push me to go out when I say I'm tired or not feeling well really don't give a fuck about me, so I shouldn't bother being polite about it.

People do that?

They do indeed. It's really obnoxious. "But I haven't seen you for ages", "Come oooon, you should come have a drink to celebrate". I got bullied into going out on my birthday because "You HAVE to, it's your BIRTHDAY" even though I have been feeling like suck for the last several weeks and just wanted to go home and have one goddamn decent night's sleep after reading in bed for a couple hours.

And inexplicably, I seem to lack the spine to just tell my friends to fuck off.

Fucking Hell. If its your birthday you can do whatever the Shit you want.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

There's wood bees hanging out around my balcony. They're mostly harmless to humans, but they're super curious and not too smart...oh, and can destroy wooden things. So I called maintenance yesterday about them, and they'll be out Monday to take a look and plug up the nests. Easy enough, right?

...LOLNOPE. WE JUST HAD FUCKING YELLOW JACKETS MOVE IN.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2014, 11:22:15 AM
Oh god, Ratatosk and PurpleEris are posting cartoons of themselves to their facebook feed.

Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstoppleasemakeitstop.

Gross.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Suu

In 5 days, I experience Montreal for the first time.

At last, I am traveling to the land of the absolute bane of my existence as a server and bartender: The Dreaded Quebecois.

That's right you Quackers, I'm finally fucking coming for you and your kilometers and centigrade! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!  :magick:

Disclaimer: I don't actually hate Canadians. It's been a running joke of mine for some time that I would find a way to take over Quebec. They're my mortal enemies and don't even know it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

My grades as they now stand:

Gen Bio II: C+. Two further exams, one online, may improve this to some sort of B. Both exams are optional, and I've passed regardless.
Microbiology: Sufficiently good that I not only have passed, but the optional final is unnecessary. Which means I at least got a B.
Biotech: When I asked the professor for an update she got annoyed with me and tsk-tsk's my lateness and absenteeism (Saturday morning class, also, couldn't get interested in it, but scored no less than B+'s for the stuff that was on time).
Algebra: Wild card.

Nephew Twiddleton

One way or another, this will have been my worst semester, academically, in college.

And, I'm actually ok with that. I have a plan B and a plan C. And considering that I've taken a butt load of credits at this point, I doubt it will negatively affect my GPA noteably.

minuspace

College is good, however I found some subjects calcify earlier than others.  Psychic driving experiments on late-term A-level students (in the UK) have much higher success rates. Of course infiltration remains nescesary and it can be hard to find operatives that look young enough for high-school. That's the only hard part.   Inducing age-blindness is sometimes irreversible, and it always leaves a trace.   Just saying, this is open bar, right?   Think 1/(21-Jump) .  Oh, the good ol' days. :lulz:

Suu

After dealing with the grad school admissions process, I can tell you flat out that they usually don't give a fuck about individual grades. Straight A's are nice and all, but I was told by several people that it's the package deal. The important thing is to maintain a solid GPA, and portfolio of papers or other samples that can supplement your application. This also goes for transferring from a 2 year to a 4 year school. You're gonna have bad semesters, you're gonna have awesome semesters.

minuspace

What she said.  My post was just a joke.  I'm a little off today.  My circadian's are all out of whack.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on May 12, 2014, 02:02:31 AM
One way or another, this will have been my worst semester, academically, in college.

And, I'm actually ok with that. I have a plan B and a plan C. And considering that I've taken a butt load of credits at this point, I doubt it will negatively affect my GPA noteably.

A bed term or two isn't going to kill you; the main things you might want to keep your GPA high for are highly competitive professional programs like nursing or medical imaging, which you aren't going for anyway, honors programs, which you will still qualify for, and scholarships, which generally aren't that selective.

Actually, what you really might want to do is start looking for internship and other research opportunities, as well as chances to tutor or gain leadership experience.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Have you already been accepted to BU? The random thought I just had is that a lot of people don't know that when you're transferring in you want to apply usually at least nine months before you plan on attending, especially if you're going in as a Junior because Junior/Senior registration is often way earlier than you may expect it to be. PSU starts priority registration for Fall classes in a week and a half.