News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Tumblr account of the year nominees:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 08, 2014, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Transpoor and transethnic (and possibly the simple trans*, since no-one can seem to tell me what it is) are pretty terrible concepts and almost certainly attention seeking.  I'm not even sure transpoor is a thing.  I mean, we used to call that "empathy" or "not being a douchebag", in the good old days before Ayn Rand and Lloyd Blankfein decided greed was the highest good.

I mean, I saw an argument for transethnic which made sense, when applied to people who were adopted by a family of a different ethnicity at an early age, though one could certainly quibble about certain details of that experience as well as whether transethnic is really the best term for this kind of thing.

But let's face it, most people claiming to be transethnic are American weaboos.

Then again, a lot of tumblr is like that.  Like greysexualism or demiplatonic.  Which basically means "attracted to people you have an emotional connection with".  Well, no shit.  Once the hormones die down, that can pretty much apply to anyone.  But no, it's apparently a sexuality.  And not only that, a sexuality which is part of the LBGTQA+ movement.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 09, 2014, 06:33:45 AM
It irritates me quite a bit that "trans" has become an attention-seeker prefix. And even more, because the general social embracing of trans* detracts so much from the general recognition of the harm of forcing people into social roles based on their anatomy.

I'm trans-lefthanded.
I'm trans-longhaired (I used to be cis-longhaired until the male pattern baldness)
I'm trans-athletic
I'm trans-Norwegian (and cis-Irish)
I'm trans-Andorian
I'm trans-wealthy
I'm trans-20-20 vision
I'm trans-pantheist
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

All these labels and descriptors to box ourselves in. Why can't we all just be Transhuman?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

QuoteWhich basically means "attracted to people you have an emotional connection with".  Well, no shit.  Once the hormones die down, that can pretty much apply to anyone.  But no, it's apparently a sexuality.  And not only that, a sexuality which is part of the LBGTQA+ movement.

Hold on, new one for me. Am I right in assuming that this is essentially some bullshit term devised by (crass, but likely accurate generalisation) creepy guys looking to convince vulnerable(Again, crass generalisation but I think we know the ideal target here) women who think they're actually friends to fuck? And they've adopted this as some kind of LBGTQQWTF+++? sexuality stance? And people don't beat the shit out of them for this?

What a world. You want to fuck about? Fuck about. Just don't hurt anyone and don't slap a bullshit label on yourself to either feel better or help you convince others.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Not quite.

They claim smug superiority over the rest of us idiots who only think with our genitals and our crass ideas of bodily beauty and only form sexual and romantic attachments with really really specific criterea and otherwise consider themselves "asexual".  That's grey-asexual as a general term.  Demiplatonic is, IIRC, the variant of gray-asexuality where people claim they need to be friends with someone before the possibility of romantic attachment exists.

These are not preferences, they are sexualities.  Allegedly.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2014, 07:30:01 AM
All these labels and descriptors to box ourselves in. Why can't we all just be Transhuman?

Oooh.

I can now actually describe myself as something that no one has ever described themselves before.

Twid,
Cishuman

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on April 09, 2014, 07:34:16 AM
Not quite.

They claim smug superiority over the rest of us idiots who only think with our genitals and our crass ideas of bodily beauty and only form sexual and romantic attachments with really really specific criterea and otherwise consider themselves "asexual".  That's grey-asexual as a general term.  Demiplatonic is, IIRC, the variant of gray-asexuality where people claim they need to be friends with someone before the possibility of romantic attachment exists.

These are not preferences, they are sexualities.  Allegedly.

I'll try again - "Angsty teenage bullshit"? I'm not trying to be dense, I just don't understand people who spend more time fretting about their sexuality and possible preferred partners than they do actually being with these people and having sex.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

President Television

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 09, 2014, 07:42:30 AM

Oooh.

I can now actually describe myself as something that no one has ever described themselves before.

Twid,
Cishuman

I guarantee you it's been done on Tumblr.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: President Television on April 09, 2014, 07:56:26 AM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 09, 2014, 07:42:30 AM

Oooh.

Twid,
Cishuman

I guarantee you it's been done on Tumblr.

By a Trans-Andorian?

Cain

Not to generalize*, but tumblr is mostly made up of teenage shut-ins who obsessively reblog pictures of their celebrity crushes and write slashfic instead of going outside.

*this is a lie

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 09, 2014, 07:34:16 AM
only form sexual and romantic attachments with really really specific criterea and otherwise consider themselves "asexual". 

I'm pretty sure that's known as "a fetish".

The BDSM crowd had this covered decades ago.

Cain

But it can't be, because fetishisation is badwrong.

According to the same people, kink-shaming is also wrong.

But rape-fantasies are disgusting and should be illegal.

In other words, I'm not holding my breath for a logical argument here.

Faust

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 09, 2014, 12:27:44 PM

Which makes sense, the BDSM crowd have always been more open minded and accepting of people then these bozo's.

As such there has always been that overlap with the the LGBT communities. It's quite funny that people who wear nasty rubber/leather suits who like to insert, shock or hit parts of their bodies with hammers have helped bridge peoples far more than any social justice warriors ever will.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Quote from: Faust on April 09, 2014, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 09, 2014, 12:27:44 PM

Which makes sense, the BDSM crowd have always been more open minded and accepting of people then these bozo's.

As such there has always been that overlap with the the LGBT communities. It's quite funny that people who wear nasty rubber/leather suits who like to insert, shock or hit parts of their bodies with hammers have helped bridge peoples far more than any social justice warriors ever will.

:dream:

No, honestly, it is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 09, 2014, 06:33:45 AM
It irritates me quite a bit that "trans" has become an attention-seeker prefix. And even more, because the general social embracing of trans* detracts so much from the general recognition of the harm of forcing people into social roles based on their anatomy.

Fortunately, the backlash against the SJW shit has already started.  It will be out of fashion within a couple of years.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.