News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Guess I will say "hi" for once

Started by GreenTeal Alpha.roses, November 09, 2008, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenTeal Alpha.roses

Hey everyone,

I dont usually make a thread for saying hello when I find a new forum, but for once I feel like I might really be spending some time here. I found out about Discordianism by googling for the book "The Dice man". I guess it took a couple of links from there, but Im really glad the interwebs brought me here.

Im a 21 year old boy (more of a child actually) from the Europa lands (non english speaking country so excuse some of the ensueing grammar rape) on a joyful journey to a life that is worth living. Unsure of whether or not to bore you with personal details I decide to . . . not yet decided . . . wait . . . nah, lets not.

I really love the concept of Discordia, so far I have read most of the Principia, began on the BIP and been browsing the forum a fair amount of time. I must say Im impressed. I really look forward to getting to know all the capillaries of this mess ( :mrgreen: sorry).

Im kinda running out of things to say here, which is rare, but I think its good to lay low on all my wicked ideas for the moment and until I know more about the norms and forms of this place.

Maybe we can still get a little discussion out of this, I guess it would be the wrong forum then but oh well, ... Im new here:

To what extent would you describe the character of "The Joker" in Batman: The Dark Knight as of Discordian nature of thought?

(Please resist the temptation of judging me an idiot for asking this question)

Have a good day everyone.

The Dark Monk

Greetings!
By the way, I wouldn't hold back anything because we all are not normal.
If you have any questions about the BIP/PD, there are many topics and discussions already in threads spouted randomly about the site, mostly in this main topic.
Most of us will be glad to share our opinions or answer any specific questions you might have.
Welcome, have fun, and check out our Discordian Gamerspags thread in Apple Talk!
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Payne

Quote from: GreenTeal Alpha.roses on November 09, 2008, 05:02:40 PM
I found out about Discordianism by googling for the book "The Dice man".

I really liked The Dice Man as a novel, it probably had a greater effect on me than the PD or Illuminatus! did.

I've never been able to translate anything from the book to here successfully though, except for a weeklong mindfuck where I tried to be someone completely different than my usual self with the result that I became utterly miserable and didn't achieve ANY of the goals that I set out for at the start of the week.

Welcome, spagling.

Cainad (dec.)

Welcome, uh... GTA.r? Congratulations on having one of the hardest-to-abbreviate names I've seen.

To what extent would you describe the character of "The Joker" in Batman: The Dark Knight as of Discordian nature of thought?

We talked about that a little while ago (so I don't think you're an idiot :wink: ). My thought is that the Joker represents the most terrifying and dangerous thing a Discordian could ever be. He uses disorder to his advantage, knowing that it frightens people and makes them do stupid things, and he does it for his own amusement.

Of course, he doesn't create disorder and havoc for the purpose of "enlightening" people, which sets him apart from a fair amount of Discordianism. My understanding is that Discordianism tries to get people to understand that order is not always better than disorder, while the Joker just enjoys scaring the shit out of people for yuks.

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on November 09, 2008, 06:25:24 PM
Welcome, uh... GTA.r? Congratulations on having one of the hardest-to-abbreviate names I've seen.

We talked about that a little while ago (so I don't think you're an idiot :wink: ). My thought is that the Joker represents the most terrifying and dangerous thing a Discordian could ever be. He uses disorder to his advantage, knowing that it frightens people and makes them do stupid things, and he does it for his own amusement.

Of course, he doesn't create disorder and havoc for the purpose of "enlightening" people, which sets him apart from a fair amount of Discordianism. My understanding is that Discordianism tries to get people to understand that order is not always better than disorder, while the Joker just enjoys scaring the shit out of people for yuks.

I dunno if I agree with that assessment, but I have not seen the movie, so will refrain from greater comment.

I think I'm disagreeing with your ideas about Discordianism anyway...

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Payne on November 09, 2008, 06:28:07 PM

I dunno if I agree with that assessment, but I have not seen the movie, so will refrain from greater comment.

I think I'm disagreeing with your ideas about Discordianism anyway...

Sorry, forgot to e-prime.

Actually, e-prime isn't enough for making statements about Discordianism. It's pretty much a given that if someone makes a statement about it, someone else will have a justifiable argument against that statement.

the last yatto

butterflies in the stomach? i suggest you read either old comics of batman or maybe the newest issue of mad which has a decent run down of the movie in cartoon form. I think he fits the mold of just because you cant doesnt mean you should, like how batman is forced to break rules to catch him. Comics always have had a progressive type of message to them didnt they.

people have alignments. most lawyers would probally be lawful evil

discordians tend to be neutral of both chaotic and lawful? or not
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cainad (dec.)

the last yatto

people dont fit on grids? after all its not like the graph line can't move
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Eater of Clowns

The abbreviation for Eater of Clowns is Eater of Clowns.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 09, 2008, 09:03:42 PM

The abbreviation for Eater of Clowns is EoC.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reeducation

I am very calm

GreenTeal Alpha.roses

thanks for the welcoming responses!

This morning I was sad and didnt feel well while wandering around in the streets, then I thought of Discordia and had a smile on my face for the next 2 hours. No point here, just saying.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: GreenTeal Alpha.roses on November 10, 2008, 12:45:20 PM
thanks for the welcoming responses!

This morning I was sad and didnt feel well while wandering around in the streets, then I thought of Discordia and had a smile on my face for the next 2 hours. No point here, just saying.

So do you like Discordja, or just the way it makes you feel?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.