News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Pie or Cake?

Started by theCalmpsychopath, April 02, 2007, 09:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which is better Pie or Cake

Pie
Cake

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I will never make or eat pie again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, I can't believe you guys are even talking about it, how insensitive.

Triple Zero

Yes.

in another effort to demonstrate cake's superiority, I made this quiche lorraine, which is a CAKE and awesome:

except I used smoked tofu instead of bacon because my girlfriend has vegetarianitis. it's sad.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

better view when sliced in half:

I am eating it right now, it's pretty good. Smoked tofu is pretty much the only tofu I ever eat, cause it actually has flavour, very nice flavour, even.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I want that goddamn quiche. Now. Give it! put in my mouth!

Triple Zero

it was pretty easy to make, actually.

- just mix up some flour, oil and water using a mixer with dough-spirals,
- then kneed until it is properly dough-y
- kneed it into something round and flat
- put it into a buttered and flour-ed cake form, using a knife and fingers to give it a proper shape
- "blind bake" it, which means you fill it with dried beans to keep its shape and put it in the oven [i found out i had no dried beans and dried lentils seemed like a bad idea, fortunately I found a cooking pot that had about the right shape to prop it up and that worked as well]

while that is doing its thing

- chop up some onions and some bacon [or smoked tofu], and start frying that
- chop up or grate some cheese
- mix eggs, cream, salt, pepper, teaspoon of mustard
- sprinkle onions, bacon and cheese into half-baked crust
- pour egg cream mixture into crust
- bake until it's done, which was about 45 minutes, or until you can insert a knife into it and it comes out dry

- let it rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving

- take pics

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: BAI on January 01, 2010, 08:44:50 PM
look. waffle on about cake all you like, but pie's are superior in every way. more nutrition, maximum portability, better for you, and DONT GIVE YOU AIDS LIKE CAKE DOES!@!!
:cn:

Cake is clearly superior. It's easier to slice and serve up! It is the celebratory staple. There ain't no Wedding Pie. And I've never seen a cake get fucked by anybody; clearly pie here is the primary culprit in the STD transmission department. Plus, you can write nifty messages on cake. Can you do that with pie? I think not. Plus, Cake's got it's own band, dontcha know?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cake has never broken anyone's heart.

East Coast Hustle

objectively, that's hardly a point in cake's favor.

anyway, pie's ability to deliciously incorporate meat really makes this debate moot.

ECH,
will reconsider as soon as someone bakes him a delicious bacon cake.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 02, 2010, 05:11:08 PM

anyway, pie's ability to deliciously incorporate meat really makes this debate moot.

ECH,

Well, isn't paté basically a meat cake? And when I made it, it also contained a lot of bacon [and port and juniper berrie and garlic]

Salty

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 02, 2010, 05:21:46 PM
Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on January 02, 2010, 05:11:08 PM

ECH,

Well, isn't paté basically a meat cake? And when I made it, it also contained a lot of bacon [and port and juniper berrie and garlic]

:sad:
What sad desperation you cake lovers sink to.

Also, hey Cainad. I was taking a stroll, eh, last summer, and saw this. Thought I'd share:

I know it's hard to see the truth plain as day. Cake is shit. Shit.

Also, this thing about cake being at weddings...
Weddings are lame and the very fact that cake is such a wedding staple shows just how lame they are. You know what I like at weddings? Beer. Or whatever expensive, free booze I can get. Not cake.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on January 02, 2010, 11:46:24 AM
Quote from: BAI on January 01, 2010, 08:44:50 PM
look. waffle on about cake all you like, but pie's are superior in every way. more nutrition, maximum portability, better for you, and DONT GIVE YOU AIDS LIKE CAKE DOES!@!!
:cn:

Cake is clearly superior. It's easier to slice and serve up! It is the celebratory staple. There ain't no Wedding Pie. And I've never seen a cake get fucked by anybody; clearly pie here is the primary culprit in the STD transmission department. Plus, you can write nifty messages on cake. Can you do that with pie? I think not. Plus, Cake's got it's own band, dontcha know?

I hardly see this working in cake's favor. I mean, If you don't take a chance here and there you may as well seal yourself up in a bubble.

Messeges? Hm..actually, I have often contemplated sending FUCK YOU or THANKS FOR NOTHING cakes to people I hate. Too broke mostly, cakes are expensive. But that additional point against cake notwithstanding, I can see HATE cakes having value.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on January 02, 2010, 11:46:24 AM

Conversely, I've never wanted to fuck a cake.

+1 for pie.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Have any of you people ever heard of a pie being ROFL?  No.