News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

My strategy today wasn't to attack, it was to scope the grounds.  I hacked any portal I could find, especially if it was blue, and then checked the resonators of the green portals, and deployed as much as was helpful.  I had also blown all of my XM Blasters on a futile attempt against an L8 on Friday, so I needed to build up supplies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that my main mission for this week is to submit new portal locations throughout the open areas in my neighborhood, such as street murals and community garden gates. Portals tend to be heavily clustered along thoroughfares, and much sparser in the neighborhood. I've submitted six so far, with plans for several more.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

That's a good idea.  Is it difficult to do?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's super easy. Walk around until you find a spot you think a portal should be, then touch and hold on that location on your screen. Swipe to the right to select "New Portal". It flips to a screen where you take a picture, name the portal, describe the portal, and fine-tune the location if necessary, then you hit submit. Apparently it takes a couple of weeks for them to be approved/denied.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hirley0

4:40:40 = ? M

Quote from: Your Mom on September 22, 2014, 07:31:41 PM
Here are the guidelines for portal candidates: https://support.google.com/ingress/answer/3066197?&ref_topic=2799270

0k try again 2:40:00.0 = 4:47:40 ? stop rushing:
Anyway i dont get the GoGal Joke
IS there a list of already installed ? Positions /?
2 min REM }
AT SW MAIN & 11 { THERE WAS 1 ONCE RUN BY THE CITY }abandon

hirley0

yeah a full min in connecting time
THus there must be scades of new stuff & a bed bug 2

LMNO

Level five. That is all.

Eater of Clowns

I just joined my area's google+ hangout. They're friendly but I dunno, maybe a bit intense.

"A level 10 Resistance is hitting downtown nb tonight. Could be a tourist but if not let's be prepared to deal with him."

Another one enters New Bedford. Another one never leaves.  :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Yeah, I peeked into my "Faction" chat, and then backed out slowly.  Some of them take it very seriously.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 24, 2014, 01:02:42 PM
Yeah, I peeked into my "Faction" chat, and then backed out slowly.  Some of them take it very seriously.

We've got a faction page on Google+. It's much less silly than the faction chat. It's for meetups and screen shots, mainly.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Your Mom on September 22, 2014, 07:29:12 PM
It's super easy. Walk around until you find a spot you think a portal should be, then touch and hold on that location on your screen. Swipe to the right to select "New Portal". It flips to a screen where you take a picture, name the portal, describe the portal, and fine-tune the location if necessary, then you hit submit. Apparently it takes a couple of weeks for them to be approved/denied.

I submitted two. One got rejected. I still haven't heard back on the other one...

...Submitted within about a week of moving in to my last place. So, 6 months or so? I can't remember.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

LMNO

Didn't know if you knew about this, but if you tap a portal and hold down the Hack button, a mini "Glyph game" pops up, where in draws a glyph, and you have to match it.  If you get it right, you get more items.