Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 23, 2014, 06:00:09 PM
You know, I don't often say it, but some days I fucking hate this place.

Today is certainly not one of them. Well played Roger, 5 stars and you're off the list.

:lulz:  Thanks.

And I'm done being sore at Nigel, provided she can speak to me what with the new position I've taken at work.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Here is the dreaded Tyler Kelley:

Horrible dirt to follow.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I am going to LA the second week of October.

I fucking HATE LA.

Cain

I hear LAX is a special kind of hell all on its own.  Like if Dante's hell had an annex.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 23, 2014, 06:37:40 PM
I hear LAX is a special kind of hell all on its own.  Like if Dante's hell had an annex.

It's almost as bad as Heathrow, so yeah.

In fact, new flunky and I have decided to drive.  It's an estimated 70 minutes faster on the return trip.

Slyph

The Good Reverend Roger

Trivial

I got a fitbit and now can see how inactive I really am.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Suu

For whatever reason, despite being bogged down enough with for-credit courses, I was led like a goat to FutureLearn, a website of free online courses offered by universities in the UK. I figured this 6 week chat on Hadrian's Wall is a nice little way to take a break from my daily grind. Or something.

But yes, free school is the best kind of school. And they offer certificates as well you can purchase if you pass the tests.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/upcoming
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Trivial

Quote from: The Suu on September 24, 2014, 02:26:22 AM
For whatever reason, despite being bogged down enough with for-credit courses, I was led like a goat to FutureLearn, a website of free online courses offered by universities in the UK. I figured this 6 week chat on Hadrian's Wall is a nice little way to take a break from my daily grind. Or something.

But yes, free school is the best kind of school. And they offer certificates as well you can purchase if you pass the tests.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/upcoming

Nifty!
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

Hey, not trying to dictate, but could we please all try to pledge on that nutbag down there?  I know we all think we have the perfect rejoinder, but it may be agreed that the shit's been played out.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 24, 2014, 02:57:51 AM
Hey, not trying to dictate, but could we please all try to pledge on that nutbag down there?  I know we all think we have the perfect rejoinder, but it may be agreed that the shit's been played out.

Okay, but how many times have we tried THAT?

All it takes is one person.  Just one.

minuspace

Just done did translating these Etruscan urn fragments:

---

Death present in life flowers beyond itself.
So suffer my children to return.

How they twist and seek being drawn back
That the Image of their Sun, the Father burns

---

And Fall they do, each and every One
For just a hint at their vestigial birthright

Thoth pecks at their heart's undone remains
& Drops a feather to measure, scales on sight

---

Love is toward of what they conspire
So cloven surfeit by false desire

The object is to more absence aquire