News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Weekly Science Headlines

Started by Kai, July 30, 2008, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 13, 2012, 10:43:04 PM
Quote from: CAKE on November 13, 2012, 09:29:08 PM
That sounds so nasty.

:?
why? it looks like it's just cnc cupcake icing at the moment....
they mention 'turkey domes' which is a little odd, but i imagine it's not any stranger than lunchmeat...

Because I find both those things nasty, is why. Spray meat? :vom:

I also hate pancakes and the filling of Oreos. I don't expect you to feel the same way, but the idea of 3D printed food sounds barftastic.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

i can understand it.  if the lunchmeat it too homogeneous (e.g. bologna) it makes me shy away, too.

but you don't want to miss out on the Future of Food, with glorious processed beef products extruded with nano metamaterial structures allowing for your Subway sandwich to portray 3d imagery of Jared right there on the coldcut, congratulating you on your healthy choices, do you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 04:12:37 PM
i can understand it.  if the lunchmeat it too homogeneous (e.g. bologna) it makes me shy away, too.

but you don't want to miss out on the Future of Food, with glorious processed beef products extruded with nano metamaterial structures allowing for your Subway sandwich to portray 3d imagery of Jared right there on the coldcut, congratulating you on your healthy choices, do you?

No.  I crave it.  Tell me more.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

I was futurisming.
but it's coming down the tracks that our parade route is on, i'm telling you.

in the Future of Food, we will be concerned with how many petaflops our morning cereal can crank out, and what the cholesterol content of our smartphone is.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 04:35:58 PM
I was futurisming.
but it's coming down the tracks that our parade route is on, i'm telling you.

I know.  I wish to hear more.  I wish to hear how much memory storage my omelet will have.  I wish to know if I can download apps into my sandwich, if rainwater will exfoliate me, and if I will be able to order salvation at the drive through.  With an order of fries that plays the latest top o the pops.

I have to know.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Where'd you go?  I want to hear about self-decontaminating baby food.  Electric training pants for the elderly.  Food that has an end-user agreement.  My own personal poor person.  Russian STD vendors.  Edible bullets.

I need DETAILS, man!

Don Coyote

Elder Iptuous

the future is scheduled for 15 product generations going Forward.  we can't tell you about what's coming beyond the event horizon of next year's black friday, but you will know what is Coming Soon! to your nearest HyperTrough Foodmart, brought to you by members of the Food Advancement Industry Leaders association.

the recently mentioned spray meats have been combined with the magic of facial moisturizer for a baby smooth complexion that delivers the irresistible flavor of Genuine Prosciutto brand ham.

Snickers will satisfy like never before since our Nutritioneers have included viral deployed orgasms in each bar (sold with one complimentary wet wipe each)

and if you're the health conscious type, we've developed a patented esophageal bypass implant allowing you to pass, undigested any of our wonderful products with a  flip of the subtly mounted throat switch.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 05:20:33 PM
the future is scheduled for 15 product generations going Forward.  we can't tell you about what's coming beyond the event horizon of next year's black friday, but you will know what is Coming Soon! to your nearest HyperTrough Foodmart, brought to you by members of the Food Advancement Industry Leaders association.

the recently mentioned spray meats have been combined with the magic of facial moisturizer for a baby smooth complexion that delivers the irresistible flavor of Genuine Prosciutto brand ham.

Snickers will satisfy like never before since our Nutritioneers have included viral deployed orgasms in each bar (sold with one complimentary wet wipe each)

and if you're the health conscious type, we've developed a patented esophageal bypass implant allowing you to pass, undigested any of our wonderful products with a  flip of the subtly mounted throat switch.

I wish to have an edible dashboard, as I am a busy man on the go.  I can bite pieces off when I'm stuck in traffic.  Perhaps if we built molds, and sprayed the meat in?  Or better yet, the snack cake of my choice, selected when I buy my new car.

I'd also like my food to taste more like tobacco smoke, so I can enjoy it after a cigar.

I'm Loving Itâ„¢!

Elder Iptuous

No need!
(i'm not supposed to tell you this, but you are an exceptionally enthusiastic consumer.  :wink:)
It won't be long before the family vehicle is a thing of the past, as ALL you're local restaurant chains will have individual, mobile units allowing you to enjoy their latest offerings on your way to work, play, and/or hospital!
Simply select from your smart phone which vendor and combo meal you want, and when pickup should arrive, and you will be whisked away to your destination in culinary bliss!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 05:33:13 PM
No need!
(i'm not supposed to tell you this, but you are an exceptionally enthusiastic consumer.  :wink:)
It won't be long before the family vehicle is a thing of the past, as ALL you're local restaurant chains will have individual, mobile units allowing you to enjoy their latest offerings on your way to work, play, and/or hospital!
Simply select from your smart phone which vendor and combo meal you want, and when pickup should arrive, and you will be whisked away to your destination in culinary bliss!

I don't know how this new future will work, logistically, but I know I LIKE it!  And do I really NEED or even WANT to know how it works, what the bumps in the road and the accompanying horrible squishy noises are?  No.  Those are someone else's worry...I pay my taxes, I expect that sort of thing to be taken care of FOR me.

So, yes.  I am proud to drive to work in a Taco Bell, and I am proud to be a delta.

Bring that future on.  I'm hungry!

Elder Iptuous

Your confidence is what makes this Nation great! (CCI up 3 basis points due to this thread alone!)
Thank you for your business, and your trust in the Professional Food Engineers working behind the scenes to bring about YOUR American Dream!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 16, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
Your confidence is what makes this Nation great! (CCI up 3 basis points due to this thread alone!)
Thank you for your business, and your trust in the Professional Food Engineers working behind the scenes to bring about YOUR American Dream!

No problem.

Extra cheese on that, please.

The Good Reverend Roger

I LOVE THIS FUTURE!  MORE DEEP-FRIED BUTTER, PLEASE!
\

Cain

The real question is will my low-fat, ionized breakfast burrito have UNLIMITED DATA?