News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

I live in a suburb so the picking are somewhat meh. Not terrible, joust not much compared to the insane concentration of portals i've seen in part of downtown Long Beach.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Nephew Twiddleton

Now that it's nice out and I realized I still had this game, I started playing it again. I'm just shy of level 6.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2015, 02:23:32 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 09, 2015, 01:22:19 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 08, 2015, 04:46:01 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 08, 2015, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 08, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

Or because you reek of non-compliance.  You create a vortex of chaos from which no productive results can escape.  Portals would ACTUALLY WORK, and your team members would be sucked into Dimension X, where the Electrical Gods would rent them out to rough trade.

Or maybe they're just wrecking a great game by being elitist, exclusionary fuckbags.

I'ma go make all their shit work properly. I'll show them.

In Portland?  There's gonna be panic in the streets.

MY REVENGE WILL BE HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL AND SMOOTHLY OPERATING.

Big Words?

LMNO

In follow-up news, my scanner gps is fucked and I'm getting a shit ton of "Hack aquired no items".

However, I'm only a few Sojurner days away from level 11.

Chelagoras The Boulder

has anyone else tried the missions? I'm getting a little bored with visiting the same portals around my house so i was thinking they might shake it up a bit.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on May 06, 2015, 03:22:24 AM
has anyone else tried the missions? I'm getting a little bored with visiting the same portals around my house so i was thinking they might shake it up a bit.

I've actually been pretty tempted by that. I live within (reasonable) walking distance of the Battle of Bunker Hill.

That's one of the damnedest things. Boston is an incredibly historic city, as far as American history goes, and the rest of Eastern Massachusetts is equally historic. About a month ago I looked at the tombstone of a man who was born before the English colonized North America. I don't normally do shit like that. I've never boarded the USS Constitution and it's RIGHT FUCKING THERE. When I look at the missions on Ingress, I feel ashamed.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 05, 2015, 05:35:43 PM
It's really weird.  The Boston Enlightenment group has stopped using G+ to plan their raids, and have set up "invite only" websites.  It's kind of nuts.

It's kind of bullshit. I'm assuming that I will be permanently uninvited from any PNW Enlightenment activities because the Old Man is Resistance.

Or because you reek of non-compliance.  You create a vortex of chaos from which no productive results can escape.  Portals would ACTUALLY WORK, and your team members would be sucked into Dimension X, where the Electrical Gods would rent them out to rough trade.

Or maybe they're just wrecking a great game by being elitist, exclusionary fuckbags.

Big Words?

Oooh, please do!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 05, 2015, 05:47:18 PM
In follow-up news, my scanner gps is fucked and I'm getting a shit ton of "Hack aquired no items".

However, I'm only a few Sojurner days away from level 11.

Me too. The game seems a little crippled for me, I'm level 10 and out of almost all items. Just started regularly hacking the church down the street from my house in the hopes of eventually leveling up, because I can't earn another gold any other way without traveling.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The missions are definitely fun. Some are harder than others... some, in fact, are pretty much impossible unless you are teamed up with someone on the other faction. Most are pretty straightforward though.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on May 06, 2015, 03:48:28 AM

I've actually been pretty tempted by that. I live within (reasonable) walking distance of the Battle of Bunker Hill.

That's one of the damnedest things. Boston is an incredibly historic city, as far as American history goes, and the rest of Eastern Massachusetts is equally historic. About a month ago I looked at the tombstone of a man who was born before the English colonized North America. I don't normally do shit like that. I've never boarded the USS Constitution and it's RIGHT FUCKING THERE. When I look at the missions on Ingress, I feel ashamed.
Don't see it as a failure to live up to some arbitrary standard, see it as an opportunity to see many interesting things for the first time!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 06, 2015, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on May 06, 2015, 03:48:28 AM

Don't see it as a failure to live up to some arbitrary standard, see it as an opportunity to see many interesting things for the first time!

Good point

Zenpatista

I was just walking the dogs and a guy in a white jeep with the window rolled down stops right by me. I wave at him as the dogs sniff the bushes. I can see the light of a phone on his face. He says, "Hi sir. Just playing a game." He puts the phone away and turns around and leaves the neighborhood. My phone's SD card died a couple days ago so I haven't been playing. It took me a while to realize - that SOB flipped my portal. :argh!: :lulz:

Chelagoras The Boulder

yea, I'm vaguely dreading the day I run into one of these guys that takes this game WAY too seriously.

axod

Frigin tell me that pen needs a tip.  Great, like I have nothing else to do.
just this

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 08:07:35 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 05, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

Big Words?

Oooh, please do!

Black and white and full color versions up in the Big Words thread now.